Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

That’d be amazing. Fingers crossed.

well, the Vortex board actually says:

-QMK / vial Firmware

I’ve been pretty happy running vial in Chrome from https://vial.rocks lately.

1 Like

is there a step im missing?

I give it permission to access the VIA keyboard, but this is all it says. I don’t have a “File” option to click on

I see now, it is missing some stuff in chrome for me. I downloaded the desktop client.

Did somebody say “Deathmatch?” :wink:

I feel like in a VIA vs VIAL celebrity deathmatch, the surprise winner would be QMK dropping in from the rafters or something.

8 Likes

KBDFans launched a Kunlun keyboard group buy for a new Arisu layout board similar to the Mountain, but leaf-spring 65%. GB runs until August 4th. Board runs $410 for most colors and $440 for e-white.

9 Likes

im going to hazard a guess this might end up on a topre mx board bc of your 6u centered comment. do you think any folks like novelkeys would be willing to lend aid to running a native EC set?

If GMK Noire took itself a little less seriously… Honestly, I love it.

“Soviet Slapstick Saturday-morning cartoons” - that is a phrase I did not wake up expecting to type today.

6 Likes

Ya, either HHKB or one of the upcoming true-HHKB layout MX boards that are coming out soon.

I think it’s worth asking NK. Ask Omni too, given that Garrett dailies an HHKB I think.

Dorp has a sale going on today - lots of stuff is discounted but the Marvel MT3 sets are 40% off:

Been a minute since I ordered anything from Drop, but between accumulated rewards, this sale, and leftover keyboard club discounts, there’s a GMK set I want available for about $79 off. Don’t mind if I do

3 Likes

Lin Dolphin extras just dropped. If I weren’t already so over budget this year on boards…

4 Likes

The novelties remind me of the novelties on DSA Ninteen Thirty, but the rest of the set is pretty different.

1 Like

I’m so freaking excited for this. The steel one is too cool for school.

4 Likes

mn

2 Likes

DCS WoB is live. It’s a simple classic but the RGB mods make a lovely pair, imo. Plus, the 10u spacebar uses 7u stabs!

1 Like

RGB mods might be worth waiting for.

But I don’t know how they justify a 1 year wait on the base set… I recently bought 2 DCS WoB sets directly from pimpmykeyboard.com. Cost was roughly in line with this group buy. Both times they arrived in NZ a couple of weeks after I ordered.

1 Like

DES EC Springs – deskeys

I think, this was the last piece. Now you can build a fully non-OEM EC board. Kind of wild.

3 Likes

Still need a PCB though.

Personally I feel like OEM is still the best option for Topre, but good aftermarket stuff will still be welcome.

1 Like

Quite expensive for all the parts but a lot of r&d went into it

3 Likes

Des sold PCBs for Matrix boards, and there are several working prototypes from other designers that will likely go into GB this year :).

But yea, I agree. OEM is still optimal right now. Just pretty cool to see Topre getting more options!

Bahahaha, perfect meme. And yes, super pricey, but reasonable given R&D and no competition.

1 Like