Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

One more: Angel extras up on CK. Looks like almost all options in stock still.

https://cannonkeys.com/collections/angel-extras/products/angel-extras-angel-keyboard-by-cablecardesigns?variant=40807525154927

1 Like

Angel is a nice board. I own the ewhite. Def recommend if you like a flexy mount.

1 Like

Fast question for you @pixelpusher !

World is about to end, you are selected to be on the survivors space shuttle, and you are allowed to only take one keyboard + switches + keycap set with you.

What would you take ?

5 Likes

Hmmm… I find this one almost impossible to answer. I honestly can’t even think of all the boards I own. I am looking at my Notion database to pick.

For the case, I couldn’t turn down a veracity steel Norbauer b/c it would last forever. But that limits me to Topre, and it’s not my favorite switch. would the survivors be needing quick access to 10-key input? Lol. If so, I’d have to go with an 1800 layout.

I do know it would be something top or sandwich mounted. I guess I would pick my silver GHS.RAR 75% board. Something about the lines on it and the way it feels is above and beyond almost any other board I own. My RAR has epsilon switches, but I’d probably choose stock Boba LTs if I could redo it. They are similar switches, but something about the sound of the LTs is so satisfying. For caps, GMK Space Cadet. Best blue out there. If someone makes an MX solution for a heavy-6, put LTs and Space Cadet on my Veracity Steel.

3 Likes

lord-is

3 Likes

I was not planning on spending this kind of money today, so thanks for that! :smiling_face_with_tear:

I’ve been really interested in trying out a PBT MT3 set and hadn’t found any colorways that I loved like this one. I also don’t normally go for sub-legends, but these are just so unbelievably clean:

5 Likes

Looks like NK’s best sale yet. It would have saved me $50 on two sets that I bought just a few weeks ago. Learned my lesson of not buying anything from them until they drop the price. :frowning:

2 Likes

Famous last words when they all of the sudden is out of stock. :cry:

1 Like

So painfully true. Ugh. Cold sweats and instant regrets soon follow.

If it was 2 weeks, you are probably just going to have to eat the loss. But if it’s been less than 2, you can email customer support to see if they’ll issue a price adjustment. I did that with DSS Easter. I paid $139 and a week later it was discounted to $99. They issued a refund for the difference. Never hurts to ask.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a massive sale for most of those - about half off!

Aaww doesn’t include Boneyard extras, though - shucks! :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

MCR Horseman is now on Drop; currently $10 off - if you do the keyboard club thing that’s at least another $20. Not a bad deal if you’re looking for a very 1970’s colorway.

MelGeek sent me a set of these a while back; here’s some photos of the keys and packaging:

4 Likes

I went with Serika since it seems to have a lot of versatility. There were quite a few contenders though: yuri, serika, hammerhead, Grand Prix. Even mud beam is a kind of a low key dope set to me.

2 Likes

Gateron X are in stock! Cool colors.

3 Likes

I love me some beige but I have a hard time justifying these over “normal” Pros. Those have an incredible price to performance ratio so I’m not quite sure what to make of these.

2 Likes

One more: Was looking at Agile’s website when I saw this:

But get this: HAND LUBED?

Screenshot 2022-07-22 6.54.39 PM

That’s around 50 ish cents per switch, and if Agile is correct, that’s crazy.

1 Like

When vendors say switches are pre-lubed from the factory, does that imply they were hand lubed? I’ve always wondered this…

I wouldn’t say this is entirely impossible though! I have some KTT Strawberry switches that are lightly factory lubed and they come out to $0.40/switch as well. Haven’t done any additional lubing and they’re the smoothest stock switch I’ve ever tried. Up to par to (possibly even better) than switches I’ve lubed myself!

Idk what these switch creators are doing these days, but the quality:price ratio on switches these days is looking better and better

3 Likes

I’ll press X too.

They don’t imply whether these are factory lubed or lubed with a regular lubricant like e.g. 205g0 though. Considering lubing services cost around as much as the switches themselves, I doubt they’re anything but standard factory lubed like everything JWK.

2 Likes

I really like the KTT Strawberries. I’d love to lube them with 205g0 to tone down the clack on them, but I can’t find an easy way to open them. I’d lose my mind trying to open 70 of them. I don’t know what kind of sorcery they use to hold them together.

2 Likes

I can spot one difference between these and the Pros - these do not have the curve in the top housing that helps with Cherry profile / North-facing compatibility found on Pros, Oil Kings, North Poles, newer KS-3X1s and KS-9s, GoPolar’s switches, and a few more.

I’d be curious to see these measured on some really sensitive equipment to see which makes a bigger difference; the polishing afforded to the Xes or the lubing afforded to the Pros.

Are there X-Pros? :thinking:

1 Like