Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Another red and gold Iron Man, er I mean Chinese New Year set.

In my experience deep reds look kind of dim when dye subbed. They should have run this in DCX, but they probably didn’t want to make novelty molds.

3 Likes

Drop has bogo on MT3 amd DCX

6 Likes

Select your keycaps. Fill out billing, then shipping, go to payment. Enter the bogo code. Then find out your selection doesn’t qualify.

3 Likes

…and if you’re in Europe, add $50 shipping that somehow still doesn’t include customs and duties.

The texture of anodization is insanely velvety and incredible in the latest norbauer drop.

Am I posting this here so all 25 pieces get snapped up before I lose will power and make a difficult financial decision? Maybe. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Kono has Maxkey BoW and WoB for $50

I definitely prefer the feel of Signature Plastics SA on my fingers, but Maxkey is not too shabby.

For reference, you can currently buy SP’s SA dobleshot caps at a discount on their website. But for the same coverage, it would run you a bit over $150.

5 Likes

I still haven’t decided on beige or gray! I feel like I have a ton of beige boards compared to gray, but the beige looks so much better to me! hmm… decisions decisions

Did anyone pre-order a model OLED?

1 Like

Was there another retro-inspired board in that same gray somewhat recently (past year or two)? The color looks familiar but I can’t place it. Either way, that beige does look fantastic on the Model OLED.

… which brings me back to my first reaction on seeing this board: I really don’t love the placement of the OLED key. It makes the whole board seem unbalanced to me. It’s a neat feature, but being oversized and the random-feeling placement makes it hard for me to look past it. The side profile is :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

hhkb posting sakura caps goodluck:

Accessory Details - HHKB & REALFORCE preorder for us

1 Like

Oh phew, they’re keeping the centered legends

phew = yay i want it or phew = my wallet is safe

“Phew… I am a sarcastic jerk”

2 Likes

kekek
i did go in for a set of blanks, so let’s see how this pans out

1 Like

Some interesting open-sourcings in the 40s community:

Jake of P3D fame posted the acrylic case files for the 40rmie, whose production PCB files are also available for placing orders.

dededecline open sourced Serendipity under GPL 3.0. I think there is still a future group buy likely through CBKBD.

UPDATE: According to Geekhack post, seems like a GB is unlikely unless someone else puts it together.

2 Likes

I was just coming here to post that. Kind of bummed this won’t run as a GB, but glad dededecline didn’t toss the project in the dungeon and throw away the key. Someday, maybe.

1 Like

Yah, I’d planned on joining the GB depending on timing but let it drop down my list as it moved potential vendors and so on. I still would love to have one.

Curious if someone will design a stacked acrylic or 3dp case for it.

1 Like

I just saw that Wuquestudio had released updated version named v3.1 of their silicone insert stabs back in november. Has anyone tried them?

2 Likes

Update to this: turns out Dede said she assumes CBKBD actually will still run a GB at some point but she just wants to be hands off with it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Hoping this runs at some point when my keyboard budget isn’t :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Same.

1 Like