Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

That’s great news. You’ll definitely have to give us a mini review when you get the caps.

3 Likes

MTNU fans rejoice:


Also! I’ve just installed the Tea Egg RAMA CAPS from zFrontier on my Class80 - and to be frank, I’m fairly impressed so far. Looking at them, I’d expected to have a significant reduction in WPM while I adjust, but no - they feel surprisingly natural despite the narrow, rounded faces and I hit my standard pace first try.

No obvious quality issues of any kind that I can see, aside from a minor scuff on one key from the box. Legends look clean and consistent and they all appear to sit nice and straight on the switches. There’s a little more gap between the keys than the MTNU I had on here before.

Here’s some really bad pictures from my cheap phone for now - I’ll be writing up a more detailed basic review and taking some photos with a real camera in the near future:

The minor scuff, on the bottom right corner of R Shift:

6 Likes

If I saw this photo posted without context I would be racking my brain to figure out what it was. Those caps look really cool on the Class80!

I see what you mean about the spacing. They do look a bit “gappy.” That would only be an issue if you didn’t particularly like the color of the plate that was showing from below.

2 Likes

I will say it looks a bit weird on this board from some angles since I currently have baby-blue colored switches underneath. (Keygeek MZ Z1s - they’re “budget” switches at 35 cents apice but they sound and feel great! “Marbly” as advertised.)

There’s someone selling 93 Melodics for a really good price on the mechmarket discord. Schengen only, but people can sometimes be convinced : - )

Never mind, this isn’t near as good of a deal as I thought, I think I was mixing up different switches in my mind. Initially thought it was like 1/4 of full price.

Novelkeys is doing a DCS version of Chladni - I love these colors and the novs are so cool