Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

FYI 3DKeebs is closing up shop, sadly (RIP). They’re having a sale from now until they close for good (currently it’s 25% off anything in stock)

5 Likes

Cooked dinner and the Bobas disappeared :smiling_face_with_tear: Oh well.

1 Like

Sad to hear about that - I hope Davis is doing alright. Well - today is the day I stocked-up on SPRiT springs.

I kind of love that you can get 210g springs with a guaranteed high degree of consistency (according to SPRiT)…

Spring ramble

I picked up some 150g FlashQuark springs a while back and while they are deliciously stronk, they are far from consistent. Terrible for a keyboard - perfect for a dedicated gaming button cluster, like for the kill-everything-on-the-screen-bomb button, engage warp-speed button, fire ze missaisles, etc. - but consistent beefy springs? I’ll be honest I don’t know what I’m going to do with those yet, but a new path lies before me…

2 Likes

I’m going to miss that store, I liked doing business with them. Though I kind of suspected, even before the heads up in their newsletter a couple months back, that something might have been up. They weren’t stocking any new products, and what they did have was slowly selling out. I hope everything’s okay, and that this is a positive thing for Davis. 3DKeebs was my go-to for Gazzew switches and Marshmallow group buys.

6 Likes

Well said. It’s a bummer to lose a good vendor but as long as we still have her voice in the community, we’re all better for it.

2 Likes

Their website and posts on Reddit had a really fun vibe too. I loved their switch descriptions. I was rooting for them but maybe stuff just got in the way and it got to be too time consuming? :man_shrugging:

Either way, an understandable outcome. Cheers to them :beers:

2 Likes

That is sad that 3D Keebs is closing. It seems like the SPRiT springs are going quick, but managed to snag some Slow III and M2 in weights I like:

1 Like

Aw man, sad to hear. 3DKeebs has always been nice to do business with.

Keycult’s next raffle is on Friday:

3 Likes

Dang, I received my springs today after ordering them like a month ago and was ready to make a full-blown rant… Sad to hear that. Guess I won’t be doing business with them again in a different way.

I’ll enter the raffle but I’m not sure about those color options. I hate being tied down to a certain accent color on expensive boards like that.

1 Like

Agreed. Especially with the default plate being blue alu no matter which you go for, it’s really limiting. On the other hand I like that hammertone powder coat, so I’m going to go for it anyway.

2 Likes

DCX Cyber is apparently going to launch in about 20 minutes, and Drop doing a giveaway on r/MK.

This is probably going to be the first DCX set I’m going to jump on; a.) it’s got purple and b.) I’m already a big fan of the overall colorway.

Edit:

4 Likes

Guess I will try for one. I also like that crazy blue finish.

Seems like Vala has a new “Shogun” heavy tactile switch. @Deadeye, these are purple too :slight_smile:

Specs:

• Tactile
  • Stem: Purple POM
  • Top Housing: Dark Gray PME
  • Bottom Housing: Dark Gray-Purple Nylon
  • Spring: 78g gold double spring
  • PCB mount (5 pin)
  • Lightly pre-lubed
  • Manufactured by Tecsee
  • Sold in packs of ten (1 unit = 10 switches)
6 Likes

These look pretty cool. Glad to see more actual colorways with transparent sets.

6 Likes

Breaking Bad Deskmats at NK for 7 bucks!

2 Likes

7 bucks? does that even leave a margin? otherwise I guess deskmats are profitable heh.

Whew lads, NK’s PBT keycaps are $50:

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about picking up a Cherry Sand set for some time. I have a few boards it might look nice on. Does anyone here have opinions on the set?

I would 100% recommend picking up the Notion set if you don’t have it. It’s quite nice