Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

15 spots. Kohaku Extras raffle: Monday, August 22 at 9:30am CST/ 10:30 ET

Be in the Singakbd discord and enter via Jotform. Winners have 24 hrs to pay.

Be quick, form only open for 5 minutes.

Silver, Gray, and Red

https://singakbd.com/products/kohaku

2 Likes

Does “XVX” have north-facing compatibility?

Does “XVX” have north-facing compatibility?

@milo7: I don’t own any XVX keycaps, @Deadeye do you know if yours works with north-facing switches?

I’ll give this a check when I get home this evening; I’m thinking they probably do work fine but I’ll let you know for sure tonight.

In stock now if you missed out on the GB.

3 Likes

Nice. Ugh, no badges though. But I finally picked up a spare Bodo. Not having one was freaking me out a bit.

I think the (non-stock) badges are still in production; I got my R2 Aurora quite a while back but am still waiting on the badges with the occasional “still being manufactured” email.

1 Like

Oh good to know. I appreciate the info. Great, I guess I’ll have a second swing at them during some predestined extras sale.

@milo7 RE: XVX profile interference;

I just did the paper strip test with the two shortest rows and a few different full-travel switches (a Gateron Pro, a Zeal Clicky, and a YOK Panda, all stock), and all the combinations passed. :+1:

XVX profile should be fine to use with LED-North boards.

5 Likes

Prevail Nebula switches are back in stock today:

I have a review up on my site if anyone’s curious about them.

3 Likes

https://imgur.io/a/V1J6sE2

The new MGA V3 Polycarb Special Edition is on preorder with a projected fulfillment of this December. All mouting points in the polycarb have metal inserts. It has three different bottoms to choose from (with three very different prices, lol). Not to mention your choice of plate material (POM FTW), and hotswap or solder PCB w/ daughter board. It’s gasket mount or top mount, accepts all standard Alice plates, and will also accept any standard bottom mount USB C Alice PCB. You can even buy extra alu bottoms to retrofit your MGA V1/V2 with gasket mount.

Earlybird special till 9/24 wich knocks off $25, plus a fitted case, a milled wood/acrylic/pc wrist wrest of your choosing, and a newly released acrylic stand for Alice boards. I think he is only shooting for 300 of this edition, so jump on it if you’re interested. A fully aluminum MGA V3 GB should follow in the next few months (with
in-stock sales when those deliver) that will probably be a couple of hundred bucks less (V1/V2 were only $200 plus PCB).

I had to get in on this since I love my MGA Standard, and I also need to fill the Rukia R2 sized hole in my heart.

5 Likes

If I had a spare $600 I’d get the full brass bottom. Looks amazing.

3 Likes

Topre relegendables :eyes:

I really need to get my hands on a vintage Topre keyboard one of those days.

8 Likes

Nice review. I was going to get some but I think I’ll wait until they can perhaps hone the stem size issue. They are a very nice looking switch though.

2 Likes

Great review dude, super informative. There’s also those Keyfirst Blings, the blues are ama-za-zing.

2 Likes

Finally a Biip set I don’t have to buy! … but totally still want to. Lol.

https://worklouder.cc/shop/wrk-cartridge

5 Likes

Thank you! I tried a sample Bling Purple recently; I’m a fan. They look and feel a lot like a HaiMu I got from Switch Oddities - and the Wuque Aurora switches, as well.

It’s this shape on the dust-shield that’s easiest to match between them, but they share other features, too:

woochaybae

Those blues are tempting me… but so are Feker Matchas…

hm

4 Likes

I think this is the second round already, but no one has really been talking about this - Monokei has released a new, double-shot cherry keycap set. They are up for sale on Mekibo.

The alphas look similar to the doubleshot PBTFans from KBDFans - I wonder if they are from the same factory.

5 Likes

Those are some crispy legends. They do look a bit narrower than PBTFans (Q and W) and I think they have the Option key icon upside down, for some reason. It’s the Alt key.

1 Like

I had to look it up but apparently that is an Alt icon.

2 Likes