Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

You are right raffle was last September.

:frowning:

Tai-Hao just released new Alps caps!

7 Likes

They even have a BAE key! The 7u space bar… I didn’t realize you could have alps and cherry stabilizer support. Nifty.

1 Like

These are the sets that Hexgears ran a groupbuy for earlier this year. Mine just shipped.

They are supposedly cubic profile, not OEM, which is great because I far prefer cubic.

They also released a WoB.

3 Likes

However, if the spacebar dimensions are correct on Tai Hao’s website the 7u Alps spacebar will not be able to use MX stabilizers. The distance from center is listed as 55mm, but I believe standard MX 7u is 57mm.

According to Deskthority 55mm was an old Tawainese standard.

You’ll have to try it out and report to us! I also like cubic profile and would be interested in trying these. But I do tend to use 7u spacebars.

Can confirm that the Tai Hao 7u Alps spacebars do not work with MX stabilizers. You have to use Alps stabs, unless you are buying these to use on a Taiwanese keyboard from 30 years ago :rofl:

4 Likes

Well crud. But the 6.25 works?

Yes the spacing looks correct.

1 Like

I was interested in milk tooth’s free sampling service for switches. I signed up for it and it seems cool, but I don’t really need samples right now. Here’s a link:

Don’t know if I’m allowed to do this, but it’s currently invite only by code and I don’t need mine. If anybody needs a code, it’s milk-14441.

4 Likes

I’m curious to see what their business model is going to be. It’s an interesting idea for sure.

Correction, it’s the 7u wire that ain’t compatible with the Tai Hao 7u Alps spacebar. :smirk:

Do you like the Lakers? How about long-pole linears?

These have the same LY stem found in the Prevail Nebula, but trade the Nylon bottom for a POM one.

JWK-made speed switch; actuates at 1mm and factory lubed.

The Strawberry Milk duo is getting a pair of “Ice” versions that use a clear blend of Nylon that’s supposed to produce deep sounds but improve smoothness as well as new polished molds.

Stop tempting me with all these small improvements! :stuck_out_tongue:

Aside - what is the most popular thing that switches are named after? I honestly don’t know, but it seems like it might be one of these:

• Pandas :panda_face:
  • Strawberries :strawberry:
  • Ice / Icebergs :ice_cube:
  • Cream / Icecream :ice_cream:
  • Boba :bubble_tea:
  • Milk :milk_glass:
7 Likes

Yum. Tempting. 3.5mm travel? Thanks but no thanks.

1 Like

XOX70 from Thocc Supply is a FKL TLK with a lot of nice colors and great layout options for the solder version. Price is $365-380 and GB runs until the end of September.

Edit: fixed a typo in the board name.

5 Likes

This is a really good deal for a flexy, hot swap PCB that supports ANSI and TSANGAN layouts. If you don’t care about LEDs/RGB this looks great. And it claims to have QMK/VIA support.

5 Likes

JWK Blueies are out!

4 Likes

This is at the top of my list for new PCBs to try out :slight_smile:

Do you know anything about this designer? Thanks for posting this, I am interested. Just trying to vet this person out before I join :joy: