Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

This looks like a totally bad ass board.

5 Likes

You can use TECHTEMBER as a coupon code at Drop right now. Saved me 12$ on that keycap set.

Edit: TECHTEMBER (-$12.74) was what I got off. It also gave me 7$ on another set I bought

3 Likes

Didn’t let me use it for SA Carbon or Oblivion kits; I get an error that it’s not valid for those items. What set did you get with it?

Drop Skylight Series Keycap
Drop DCX Jasmine Keycap

I use the Capital One savings browser extension, and it auto-applied it for me. Perhaps different regions have different reqs, or perhaps it is per item.

1 Like

I wonder if it the total has to be over $100 or possibly $120.

My bet is that it only works for drops own keycaps.

It seemed to work on a GMK set when I tried it.

1 Like

Monokei is gonna see if they can break the internet on the 26th.

14 Likes

Cream Soda switches up for GB.

Silky-smooth switches aren’t all that hard to come by these days, but it’s nice to have options, and Cream Sodas are deffo in the club.

I tried a sample of one of these from Switch Oddities, and I’ll say I think it’s near the top of Gateron’s achievements so far when it comes to stock smoothness. I’d say it’s roughly on-par with the Pro 2.0’s and Vermilion Birds (more smooth than any stock Ink I’ve tried), but also has a long-pole stem and impact sounds that are a little more rounded-off. Less a big new thing and more a thoughtful combination of existing positive traits.

On one hand I think they look pretty funky, but on the other the colors do fit the theme really well; champagne bottom, creamy-white top, maraschino-red stem.

3 Likes

A milky white colorway. Right on. I so prefer this over traditional e-white.

https://keebsforall.com/collections/group-buy-jris65/Jris65

9 Likes

Totally, like better than a ton others. They nailed it.

1 Like

So glad I’m not into TKL.

1 Like

Totally agree, that’ll look so nice with beige sets. Unrelated, that webpage has some fun translations;

PCB gasket jackets or socks make your building more convenient and simple!

1 Like

I’m curious to see how many units will be shipped because these seem to be a pretty safe and profitable investment at the moment (r/mm is showing going price for the V2 CE is $3000-5000ish).

1 Like

We shall see. I have very few duplicate keyboards in my collection (mosly Norbauer models), but I am definitely interested in getting an additional Jane v2. I don’t know that any keyboard is worth the crazy r/mm prices, but this one certainly does feel exceptional.

3 Likes

GMK Mandolorian is in-stock at novelkeys. Not so sure what gives it such a high price tag… maybe it’s due to it being star wars themed?

I would think that that’s due to licensing fees

1 Like

I’m in complete agreement. I do think a lot of the mm prices are due to the rarity of these boards rather than the (top-notch) quality. The $750 price at sale feels warranted, but $3-5k… eh, not so sure about that level, at least for me.

1 Like

Meanwhile, Heisenberg sobs as an undesirable in the clearance bin :wink:

2 Likes
  • Big IP
  • Officially licensed
  • So much new tooling
1 Like