Introducing an Aggressively Tactile Switch - The 'Drop Bear'

Ah makes sense I hardly use discord

1 Like

Alright, I finally got some t1 housings to test out this switch.
I was sent silent sky and the new phoenix stems to try out from heroinbob. Putting the silent tactile switch in the t1 housing was… underwhelming? It was slightly more tactile, and didnt affect the sound given its a silenced stem. The switch certainly had no issue returning with the stock spring. My batch might be different or it could be that the silent sky stems are different.

I should maybe mention that I bought a batch of holy wei switches (halo stems in t1 housings) and those are MUCH more tactile with a large round bump at the top that comes to an abrupt stop.

Next I tried the phoenix stems, and I found that the t1 did make it marginally more tactile, and didnt affect the sound very much. Using a stronger spring I think is preferable because I feel like the stem hangs on the tactile event too long for my liking.

Last I jailhoused the phoenix stems (thanks @evangs for getting these jspacers out to me so quickly! ) and compared its performance in both the stock and t1 housing, and this had the most differences. The t1 was noticeably more sharp and had a better bottom out, which I think is because it has just a bit more travel than the sky housing. On the other hand, the sky housing has a lower pitched, less pingy sound I like better, as well as being slightly less wobbly.
These are both very tactile, very “binary” switches that i think anyone who like box jades or navies should try!
Please note, I made one of each switch and based my impressions off those. I also probably didnt get enough of the lube off of the sky housings I got, which likely impacted how those switches felt.

1 Like

I’ve tried those silent sky stems also, and while I’m not a bit fan of the tactile ones (I would also call them “underwhelming”), the linear ones are kind of impressive just in terms of how quiet a switch they can produce.