Invokeys Black Sesame Switch Review

Hey all,

I know you’ve already heard this name mentioned by me more than a few times over the course of this year, but I promise I wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t worth it. Back with their third and latest custom, Aflion-made switch release, Invokeys has dropped their new Black Sesame switches. Boasting a dustproof stem and a supposed handful of improvements, its definitely hard to think they might be able to improve upon the Matcha Latte switches. Or do the Sesames even get close to the Matchas at all…? :eyes:

Article: Invokeys Black Sesame Switch Review — ThereminGoat's Switches
Scorecard Repository: GitHub - ThereminGoat/switch-scores: PDF Repository of switch score sheets.
Force Curve Repository: GitHub - ThereminGoat/force-curves: PDF and Data Repository of switch force curves.
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/theremingoat

As always, thank you all for the continued love and support. With classes picking up here I definitely have been feeling a bit more crammed for content as of late, but the warm wishes have certainly made my days in those time crunch moments.

Cheers,
Goat :goat:

10 Likes

Oh man, I was already a big fan of Invokeys switches and these seem perfect! Already bought 90. Thanks for the review as usual :v:

2 Likes

These really do have an atypically deep and “solid” bottom-out for a long pole switch - I think it’s a great sound, and I think the feel of it is satisfying. It’s an aspect I highly value in switches, and this might be my favorite Invokeys offering so far. The weight is pleasantly firm and the plastic parts make wonderful clean impact sounds.

A tiny nit-pick, more musing than complaint;

I’m loving the trend of ever-improving factory lube application, specifically including springs. Perhaps the next frontier there is tuning-out those occasional associated inadvertent sounds: The sample I have makes a high-pitched little report when pressed and released quickly; I can’t quite tell if it’s something like shifting spring coils, brushing plastic bits, or just tacky grease - but I’m leaning towards the latter.

Seems like it would be a challenging thing; finding a grease that is a.) suitable for factory application b.) priced sensibly for factory use c.) tenacious enough to cling to small parts but d.) not so sticky that it makes the tiny lip-smacky sound when greased surfaces separate. I can think of plenty of stock switches that tick two or three of those - but vanishingly few that meet all four - and maybe none at all that meet all four well.

mle

You can hear it, can’t you?

4 Likes