Invokeys Blueberry Chiffon Switch Review

Hey all,

Sorry for the slight few hour delay on posting this one! Yesterday was the Minnesota Mechanical Keyboard Meetup which kept me quite occupied. To those of you who came out and met me/saw the switches, thanks a ton for all of the kind words and support. As well, as I promised yesterday here is a look at the sophomore switch debut from Invokeys Co in the form of their new Blueberry Chiffon switches. Do these MX Brown-inspired tactiles stand as some of the best options in that niche, or fall flat into a linear meme…?

Article: Invokeys Blueberry Chiffon Switch Review — ThereminGoat's Switches
Scorecard Repository: GitHub - ThereminGoat/switch-scores: PDF Repository of switch score sheets.
Force Curve Repository: GitHub - ThereminGoat/force-curves: PDF and Data Repository of switch force curves.
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/theremingoat

As always, thank you all for the love and support week in and out. For those of you who will be at the Nashville meetup next weekend, I look forward to meeting you there too! :heart:

Cheers,
Goat :goat:

11 Likes

I especially enjoyed the force-curve comparisons of the various prototypes to the final product; that’s a really cool window into the development process.

It also looks like Aflion is taking cues from Gateron; not only is the new Invokeys badge in a more stylish typeface, but the contact-side outer wall of the housing has a curve that, to me, looks like it’s meant to help with potential keycap interference.

Thanks for the good reviews, and thanks also for doing so much work on the force curve repository - it’s an awesome resource.

1 Like

The comparisons to other known light-tactiles were helpful, and the characteristics of those switches were described accurately. This lends credence to the description of the “Blueberry Chiffon” switches.

They sound like some of the best stock light-tactiles yet produced.

Are they only available from Invokeys, or is there some identical switch with a different name on AliExpress? I want them, but it would be expensive to bring into Canada.

1 Like

I really appreciate the comment about the force curve repository. Initially I had had mental plans for other projects this summer, but getting this thing up and running I’ve found the progress of getting more and more curves up there rather rewarding.

Much like with reviews and scorecards, I really am excited to see what it will look like at some abstract, far off point like > 500 curves.

3 Likes

Did I miss a video link somewhere? Surely you can’t publish such an extensive review without a typing vid! Cheers