Invyr UHMWPE Linear Stems

Option A it is.

1 Like

Same, I used dorp points on my original order so getting them back & at least a functional product in the end would suffice for me. Although I would completely understand if someone wanted to just say “F it” & go for the refund, especially if they ordered a ton of packs.

1 Like

Ye, but the 10$ will come handy for some Godspeed novelties

2 Likes

Used Dorp points too which I highly doubt would be refunded like a real form of tinder. This is purely speculation mind you, but we’re talking about corporate feeling retail here, lol.

1 Like

This is an old ass thread, so who knows if anyone will see this, but it seems that Dorp just sent notifications out that the Invyr V2 “fixed” batch should be shipping out next week. Fingers crossed that the stems from this revision are actually good (or at least as good as the V1’s).

2 Likes

They have already stated that the crooked + won’t be fixed

1 Like

Yeah, it’s rather maddening. Why spend time and resources fixing problems only to partially fix them? Looking forward to trying them out and then asking for a refund :grimacing:

2 Likes

I didn’t actually see that March update. Yeah, I’m pissed. Why did I wait so long for replacements that weren’t actually fixed. I asked for a refund, but I know that they can’t once it hits their fulfilment warehouse.

2 Likes

Got them today. They’re pretty crappy, honestly. More wobble than any other UHMWPE stem I’ve tried. I put them in the tightest housings I could find (Gazzew and SP-Star Nana) and still wobble.

Also tried them in Cherry and Gateron nylon housings. Slow presses reveal something that feels like a catch in every housing I tried. Maybe it’s from the keycap because of the crooked stem? Dunno. Don’t really care to experiment further.

Asking for a refund :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I really don’t understand how the V2’s not only didn’t fix the problems with the V1’s, but introduced additional issues. I’d even accept a rerun of the originals if they are still capable of being made.

2 Likes

Well I guess the wait was for nothing. Think I’m gonna frame my pack of these & the OG V2 stems as a tribute to Invyr’s & Dorp’s incompetence LOL!

1 Like

I’m not sure who to blame. I suppose we should blame the manufacturer utmost. I figure Drop knows they are bad and they’re just hoping to ship and forget it happened. It’s a low cost item compared to most of what they sell. More headache to sit and wait for the manu to get it right than it is to just ship what they have and call it a day. Can’t say I blame Drop on this one much. What they should have done is refund everyone and give them the option of keeping the new ones if they wish.

1 Like

That would have been nice… however they already gave everyone 10$ of credit for the first mess up.

Hopefully these will still sell, in the time it has taken them to arrive, I have tried the stock linears that I was going to use them in and decided linears are not for me… :worried:

1 Like

Just got mine in today, gonna mess with them in a little bit after I eat dinner. Although I don’t have very much hope for them after hearing your thoughts. What I do want to do is compare V1, V2 old, & V2 new stems all in the same housings just to see what differences there is between them. I’ll post pics when I get around to doing that!

3 Likes

Pure shower-thought type thing here; I’m wondering if things like crappy UHMWPE stems or, say, POM Cream housings can be reclaimed into 3D-printing filament, or something else useful, like a fun-looking paperweight…

1 Like

find a way to string them into jewelry maybe

3 Likes

So I did get a chance to mess around with them a bit last night. The newest ones are better than original V2s, but still far worse than the V1s.

Here is the stems side by side, V1 batch 3 on the left, V2 newest batch, V2 original batch.

Them in Boba housings (same order as above) V1s work fine & don’t have any tilt, V2 newest have some tilt that causes them to bind a bit in such tight housings, V2 original fit & work in them but have a very pronounced tilt.

Here is the V2s in Cherry housings (original left, new right). They both work, but the orginals still have that bad tilt. The new ones surprisingly don’t show their tilt when a keycap is on & seem like they’d work fine in Cherry housings! They still are more wobbly than the V1s in any housing though. Smoothness is about the same TBH.

3 Likes

I really should be trying these out at some point, I still have 220 of the V1s from a couple years ago (also wow, time flies). I could have sworn when i put one in a boba housing it turned into a tactile.

This is so helpful. Huge thanks bud. Just when you think the original V2’s are better, the new ones squeak by when sporting keycaps.

So, I saw they have a V4 now. Made from molds “introduced” in April '21. I’m still rooting for these stems and a continued market for individual switch components. Fingers crossed.

For Rev. 4, a heavy focus was placed on the stem-to-keycap fit. The Rev. 4 Stems allow for the use of additional keycaps that were previously too loose. The changes also result in a tighter, more secure typing feel for certain keycaps. This, combined with the beautiful sound of the stems, results in a very pleasant typing experience.

https://415keys.com/products/uhmwpe-stems

2 Likes

I like the 415kyes stems a lot. I have them in some Gateron yellow ink switches.

I found a decent use for the new Dorp ones. I put two wrongs together to make a kinda-right:

• V2 batch 2 Dorp UHMWPEXYZ stems +
  • TKC Dragonfruit housings

Pretty wobbly, but smooth and sounds good. Kinda like a wobbly tangerine that needs films :upside_down_face:

4 Likes