Invyr UHMWPE Linear Stems

The reviews about wobble are not in cherry housings though. Cherry housings we’re way too tight in v1s. Maybe v2s work better for cherry?

But reports about sprue marks and scratching are concerning

3 Likes

Pretty sure the ones from 415 is a made with different molds from a different producer so you should be good as long as they didn’t botch their design also.

1 Like

Or if they exhibit some issues in Cherry housings even, maybe these will be the ones to use with those tight ass boba housing I got. The tilting issues seems to come from a sprue mark that could be nipped off or polished off to rectify it possibly too. Hmmmm, may have to open my pack afterall to do some experimenting. Way to look on the positive side @pixelpusher!

One of my biggest issues was the crooked stems.

3 Likes

It’s a vendor selling them along with Drop.

3 Likes

So Zisb from Inyvr is aware of the situation & trying to find out what went wrong, no word of what they’re gonna do about it yet though.
https://drop.com/buy/invyr-uhmwpe-mechanical-switch-linear-stems-v2/talk/2718601?utm_source=linkshare&referer=BPKDQH
I would recommend not to even bother opening up your packs if you haven’t yet, it seems the issues are across the whole batch & not just isolated incidents.

4 Likes

Someday Dorp will be able to get away from their curse

5 Likes

I’m waiting on their official response before I even ask for a refund. I’d rather they get replaced with a good product than getting my money back.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping for as well. Even if they just went back to the V1 molds & made enough to replace them for everyone wanting a replacement I’d be cool with it.

2 Likes

I asked for a refund and got a reply that they are trying to figure out how to make it right. They said there’s going to be an update tomorrow.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

Yup, there’s someone out there right now thinking, “I just lost my job.” That part truly is regrettable. But these stems are horrible.

2 Likes

I bought them from 415 keys, trying to support the non-dorp community. Wonder what they will do about it as well. Such a shame b/c they could have been really nice.

3 Likes

I emailed 415keys asking “Will these have the same issues experienced with ones purchased from Drop?”, who confirmed;

The stems we are selling are not related to INVRY/Drop/zisb in anyway.

Jzun has emphasized that a pleasant sound profile was a design goal, both going in, and throughout the prototyping and production process.

Whew. Sounds promising. @Rob27shred good call.

4 Likes

My 415 UHMWPE stems are expected to arrive on Saturday, I’ll give an update sometime afterwards when I examine them vs the UHMWPE v1s from Invyr

3 Likes

Glad to hear you guys that supported the little guys won’t get the mess us dorp buyers did. Usually I would’ve went with the small vendor too, but I had $10 credit with dorp & the stems seemed like the perfect thing to use it on… LOL!

3 Likes

I am interested to know how the sound profile could be improved/focused on because aren’t they still made of UHMWPE? From what I gather, you gain smoothness at the expense of sound.

1 Like

Happy accident :grin: I slept on Drops release, and it wasn’t until @fatalruin posted 415key’s sale that I had a chance to get my grubby hands on some. Lesson learned nevertheless.

2 Likes

Maybe, if what is being said is true, 415key’s stems will have tighter tolerances and less wobble in popular top housings. That might make for a noticeable improvement in the sound profile. Just a guess.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I had a similar situation to Rob’s where my V2 batch was paid for in Dorp points so my grubby hands got the trash that Invyr pumped out. Regardless, I’m glad you got some good ones (well let’s hope that’s the case).

2 Likes

Update on Inyvr’s & dorp’s response to the V2 debacle, got this email a few min ago.

Drop136x30

Order status update

Hey everyone,
We’ve had lengthy communications with Zisb (INVYR) and the Contract manufacturer and discussed different options on how to best move forward and this is ultimately what we’re going to do.
The manufacturer has accepted responsibility that the product was made out of specification, and Zisb believes that the original design can/should be improved to accomplish a better final product. Zisb will follow up with a post discussing these changes shortly.
Zisb will be covering the costs of casting new moulds, and the manufacturer will cover the costs of producing an entire new batch of stems. Drop will be covering the freight and shipping costs to inbound, pack and ship all replacement orders.
The moulds are now being made and we’ve been given priority in the production queue, so we’re expecting to be able to ship replacement units to everyone in 6-8 weeks- assuming everything goes smoothly.
Moving forward, everyone involved will have two options:
A) Wait for the new round of stems to be shipped to you. These will be marked as RMA units with $0 value so there should be no customs or taxes charged on them.
B) Request a full cash refund (including shipping charges, but not including duties/taxes/extra costs).
Regardless of the option that you choose, all participants will receive a $10 credit on drop.com, it will show up in your account by Oct 28th. If you want option B, email customer service and they’ll process the refund, otherwise you will be defaulted to option A.
Thanks for your patience on this matter as we sorted everything out.

Looks like replacement or refunds for everybody! Which the replacements should hopefully actually be better than V1s this time around as the molds are getting completely remade once again.

4 Likes