Invyr UHMWPE Linear Stems

Same here! Got some black Ink’s they are destin for.

1 Like

V1s are not super inconsistent TBH, but I have found they do have some variance in size. When I used NOS vintage black housings for them I had to do some cherry picking, then my current setup with them in milky top black bottom Gateron housings worked fine without Cherry picking. What really made me notice it was trying to use them in GazzeW/Outemu Boba housings. Some fit just fine while others binded so badly that they were hard to press down! Now admittedly Boba housings have ultra tight tolerances, so that is a bad example, but I was a little surprised I had to cherry pick my stock for the vint black housings.

1 Like

I tried them in retooled cherry housings and gave up b/c I had binding. So it would make sense that I didn’t notice much issue b/c I’ve always used them in Gateron housings.

Guess we’ll update our v2 knowledge when the package gets here in 1-2 weeks! Love that Dorp Fedex Smart Post shipping

1 Like

Nice, I’ve been wanting to try these in Ink housings as regular milky top black bottom Gateron housings have been the best pairing I’ve found for them so far. Let us know how it goes when you get them guys!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Truth though, I was like “you gotta be kidding me!?” when I saw it was coming Fed-ex…

Mine comes with DHL, guess cuz it’s going overseas.

1 Like

Lucky! I would much rather have DHL, but I think you’re right. Probably cheaper for Fed ex in the states than DHL & DHL must have better overseas rates.

Yeah, in the US, Fedex “Smart Post” is the bottom of the barrel for shipping. It takes longer than any other service. Fedex takes the package part way and then hands it off to the USPS. Then they play with it for a day or two, wondering if they want to deliver it. After that, they spend a week shipping it across 50-100 miles. It’s a terrible service, and I can’t believe it still exists. It’s cheap. I guess that’s why.

1 Like

I know we’re kinda memeing on FedEx but what you said is so true. I’ve watch a package from dorp go from NJ to TX , then finally to me in PA??? :rofl:

It is kind-of incredible to me the difference between FedEx (non-smartpost), USPS, and FedEx smartpost. Of the three, the latter is consistently worse than the others to a bewildering degree.

1 Like

Got my shipping notice as well. Mine will go into some zilent v1 housing that never liked enough to use. The V1 Invyr stems that I tried in zeal housings were amazingly smooth and had a unique dull thud to them, but we’re very wobbly and the crucifix didn’t hold keycaps all that well. Hopefully the new ones remedy both.

1 Like

I just took a look the tracking as I didn’t have an estimated date of arrival (and the origin is less than 7 hours away from me), and it seems that they sent my package almost 300 miles in the opposite direction from the first DC. I know shipping logistics at this scale are no joke, but the big game of pong they are playing with my package is indeed annoying.

3 Likes

Well it looks the V2 stems are a flop, a few people reporting they are far worse than the V1s & from the evidence I’m inclined to agree. Not even opening my bag of them to wait & see if Drop or Invyr will do anything to rectify the situation, not holding my breath there though TBH…
https://www.reddit.com/r/switchmodders/comments/jcea24/issues_with_new_invyr_uhmwpe_stems_in_nk_cream/
https://www.reddit.com/r/switchmodders/comments/jclzv8/invyr_uhwmpe_stems_v2_batch_1_review/
https://drop.com/buy/invyr-uhmwpe-mechanical-switch-linear-stems-v2/reviews#reviews

4 Likes

Ofc… I knew I should have stayed away from this…

3 Likes

Yeah I was hesitant when I found out Drop had exclusivity on them, but did not think they would end up worse in every way!? :expressionless:

2 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

What about the ones from 415 keys? Are those different or the same?

It will not let me give a link to the website. Sorry.

2 Likes

I’ve got some from 415 coming; all let you guys know how they turned out.

3 Likes

Having the same issues with the V2, I asked for a refund. I have ones from 415 that just shipped. Hopefully these work out.

2 Likes

415 is the tactile version?