Invyr UHMWPE Linear Stems

And how are they ? I passed any news about linears as I’m a tactile fan, but heard these are the smoothest-est ? :))

Can we get a TLDR in feel/wobble/what switch housing to use ?

I think I’m gonna get me a bag of these and put them in Silent Ink Blacks. But I want to put the black ink stem in a white housing to. What should I mix those with then?

Invyr UHMWPE stems on Drop? :thinking:

Just seems odd…

First, using small vendors who are known and trusted to get the word out about the stems as basically the pilot was pretty cool and great for the community to be able to get the stems from their regional vendor (when available).

Now it looks like after the hype is spread, they don’t offer any to the smaller vendors who did well with the stems and instead give Drop exclusivity. Effectively they are dropping (no pun intended) the smaller vendors who got the UHMWPE stems off the ground.

I want to look more into this because I pray it’s not as bad as it sounds for what I just wrote. I mean would Drop have been interested in this if it wasn’t for the smaller vendors pumping up their popularity? Maybe? Maybe not? I don’t know. I just don’t have the best feeling in my gut at the moment about this.

On the other hand, maybe it’s just Drop sees a product that is working, and drops BIG money on it. BIG enough money that Invyr would be stupid to say no.

6 Likes

I have a bag being delivered Monday and will be tossing them in my creams. I used the cream stems in gat yellows.

2 Likes

oof apologies all. I did not know that backstory before I posted. I had heard the stems were coming back soon and was pleasantly surprised to find the email in my inbox.

Did not realize the smaller shops were getting squeezed out. :frowning:

1 Like

True True! I would rather by from any of the European vendors! :blue_heart:

@givemeyourshoes Definitely curious to know how that works out! I also put my Cream stems in some Inks, and I love them - but still not sure what to do with the Cream housings. It’d be great to be able to just grab a bag full of stems that works well with them. But…

@Manofinterests If you find anything out about this I’m definitely interested to know. My experiences with Drop have been very mixed, trending towards positive more recently - but if they’re in the practice of pushing out all the small vendors that make this community what it is, well - there’s no way I’d knowlingly support that.

I did see them on Drop and I did see that Krelbit and 1upkeyboards have both announced they would no longer be selling anything by Invyr.

Dick move, indeed. But that’s capitalism at it’s worst.

5 Likes

I ordered mine from 1up a few weeks back. Sad to see this drama. Sounds like INVRY was playing the game and chasing the money. Seems fair in a free market. To bad fair and ethical dont align

Allow me to spell-out what’s being discussed here:

FACT: Drop is selling UHMWPE V2 exclusively.
IMPLICATION [?]: DROP squeezed out existing vendors.
MITIGATING FACTOR [?]: Drop funded development or manufacturing of V2.

Correct?

Edit1: Added [?] to mean unverified.

4 Likes

Seems about right. This is what Krebit (switchmod) had to say about it in discord:

yes the pe stems on drop are legitimate, I was informed about 17h ago that I would not be one of the vendors running the pilot round despite doing my best to be part of the development. All smaller vendors won’t have stock on those for quite a while, but if you can wait, please support your smaller vendors when they get a chance to buy stems too.

second post:

Following today’s earlier announcement and further conversations I have decided to put switchmod keyboards’ sale of INVYR branded products on hold, due to issues of trust and differences of morality. This may pass in the future but at this time there is no way for me to trust INVYR going forward when they have already made a premeditated effort to contradict their own word. As of now I will no longer stock or show INVYR products on site, although this is subject to change, and may very likely not.

It seems to me that Krelbit was giving Invyr feedback on things to improve v2 stems and had the assumtion he would vendor the new revision (since he was one of the smaller companies that sold R1). Now it seems Invry has decided he will not have access to the first batch of the new molds.

If you can, wait and give your money to smaller vendors. :pleading_face:

7 Likes

The guy from INVRY posted on the drop product page discussion stating that drop did not find the development and that INVRY owns all the tooling for V2. Sounds like drop offered up a crap ton of money to be the exclusive vendor. I’m guess they will treat INVRY like they do Sennheiser or other company’s they work with and just cross-brans and fine tune products and to sell only on drop. I’m sure there will be more coming from this partnership. It also seems that drop is less to blame and that INVRY failed at communicating this change to smaller vendors.

1 Like

so…where am i supposed to get my hands on some uhmwpe stems if i don’t want to buy them from drop?.. =(

1 Like

I think the hope is that after the first batch of this revision ships to drop, orders will open back up to other vendors.

2 Likes

hope so and hope our beloved vendors will sell INVYR’s products even though it kinda sounds like they got fucked over a bit by INVYR. But im in no rush and definitely prefer buying from small vendors as much as I can.

For now it looks like we have to wait. Batch/revision 2 is going to dorp exclusively. We don’t know if that exclusivity is going to be permanent/ongoing, or if smaller vendors will again have an opportunity to stock them for us :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’m not sure if “Dorp” was a typo or not, but regardless, this is now the official spelling that I will be using. Thank you.

4 Likes

Same.

Got my shipping notice from Dorp about my pack of V2 PE stems yesterday! So far with the V1s I have done a good bit of experimenting, but the inconsistent size of the V1s make them a real pain to use. Here’s to hoping the really tightened up the tolerances & nailed down consistent sizing! I still have a whole 110 pack unused of the V1 stems to compare these V2s to, so I’ll update here on how they compare to each other when my pack of V2s arrive!

2 Likes

Same. Got shipping notification. Have an unused v1 pack. I put my first pack of v1s in Gateron laser switches and neve noticed inconsistencies. But I don’t use the board much.

I’m planning to put the v2s in my Gateron yellow ink swithces. My quick test of v1s in those housings felt quite simlar to tealios but with more wobble.

2 Likes