Is the GMMK PRO still worth it in 2022?

Is the GMMK PRO still worth it in 2022?
For those who dont know, the GMMK Pro is a 75% gasket mounted hotswapabble keyboard kit. It has a programable rotary encoder (knob) with 5 pin kailh sockets.

The GMMK was all the hype in 2021, but is it still worth it in 2022, or are there better options out there for the same price or even less?

All inputs and opinions are appreciated :slight_smile:

In my opinion, it is still a very strong entry level contender!

2 Likes

There are options now at least. And it really shows in the ISO-hotswap department.

2 Likes

There are a few more options available than when this keeb first came out, but there are definitely still reasons I’d recommend it to someone.

If:

• You don’t plan on changing switches very often but still don’t want to fool with solder.

• You like (or at least don’t mind) a firm platform for your switches, and keep your expectations of the gasket mounting limited to improving consistency and eliminating hot-spots, which they do.

• You want dat GNAWB.

• You like a relatively muted sound, at least when it comes to aluminum chonkers like this one.

Then the GMMK Pro is likely a very solid option for you at this time. It’s still worth taking a look at what else is out there, but I wouldn’t consider this one fully out-moded by any stretch.

3 Likes

I saw this the other day :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of the 75% form factor personally, but especially considering they added the option to buy different color tops late last year I think it’s still a good option for customizability without being complicated.

2 Likes