KBD67 lite stabs help

Are the stabilizers that come with the kbd67 lite r3 worth moding or should I just buy some durocks/everglides?

2 Likes

It’s up to you bud. The R2 I got came with KBD’s Dyboox variant. Besides a wonky 7u spacebar wire, no complaints here.

1 Like

Isn’t the KBD67 lite hot swap? Pretty easy to upgrade the stabs at a later time if you can de-assemble with hot swap. Try it and then upgrade later if you’re unhappy!

5 Likes

Agreed, also I’m pretty sure KBDfans stabs are at least above average now. Not like back in the day when they just sent some no name clone snap ins LOL!

5 Likes

Welcome! I’d echo what’s already been said; KBDfans stabs are good (I personally think they perform a lot like Durocks despite looking different) - definitely worth trying since they’re already in the kit.

So far my favorite stabs are still Cherry’s screw-ins, but there are lots I haven’t tried yet. The Cherry ones probably won’t ever get to the glassy smoothness of well-tuned, well-made polycarb stabs - and that does stand out on silent builds - but I also think they feel more stable and are easier to tune to a satisfying place than Durocks, Morgries, C3 Equalz, or KBDfans. Since I’m not all that good at stab tuning, that makes the Cherrys easy favorites for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have only moded two sets of stabilizers. One was c³ and one was zeal. Both were lubed following @TaehaTypes 's guide. I would guess following his guide with the kbdfans stabs will produce pretty good (if not great) results. I was able to get the nice smooth and uniform sound on all my stabilized keys quite easily using his method.

2 Likes

I’ve had good experiences with the KBDFans stabs (clear plastic). It’s not quite as smooth and free moving as Durocks, but it is close enough. They also has a more satisfying deep sound profile compared to Durocks.

In my experience, variances in PCB and plate have a bigger affect on stab performance than the diff between Durock and KBDfan stabs.

3 Likes

Very good point!

1 Like