Keyboard Chores: Share your projects!

any estimates on how thick that stuff is? It looks like a nice option to keep on hand if it’s not too thick.

3 Likes

It’s 2mm thick. Works great.

3 Likes

I ordered some for pickup today!

3 Likes

Those are MT3 Serika, u can find them on the aftermarket.
But if it’s the sculpture u after dorp.com sells them in different colors. Look for MT3.

2 Likes

Welcome doomed mortal.

As skepp said drop sells them. Serika isn’t running atm but they’ll come back eventually. In the mean time, they’ve got plenty of other options. I would also recommend checking out SA Snow Cap over on pimpmykeyboard. Those things are badass

5 Likes

Agreed, I will rep Snow Caps all day. Current status: What did you get in the mail today? - #3812 by patcoll

3 Likes

Thank you and @ddrfraser1.
I guess im really doomed ending up here :smile:

4 Likes

Haven’t posted in a bit, I’ve been waiting on mail. I’m finally working on this (tiny) keyboard from the 40s designer Rain. 4x10 ortho, ‘Yasui’… should be fun :smiley_cat:

9 Likes

A while back, I made some Sky Pandas. Outemu Sky stem in YOK housing. They let me down and were way to scratch-y.

I had some Drop credit, so I got Halo Trues and made Holy Pandas. It has been a long time since I typed on these. My last real try was at the Seattle Winter meetup, in the before times. I think the most surprising to me, was how different HPs feel from like a T1 or Zealio. In a meet-up situation, you don’t really get a good feel and a lot of stuff blends together. I left that meet-up think these three switches were pretty much all the same, with maybe a few parameters difference.

My take aways so far:

• HPs are pretty over-rated. I like the unique feel compared to a T1, but I think I prefer the bump of a T1. Remember when people were gaga over these?
  • I used 68g Sprit springs. I realized this way too heavy pretty much immediately. It really took the wind out of my sails too, cause I don’t really want to open these bad boys up a third time. I think I am going to go with a 63.5 spring.
  • HPs are pretty close to a Topre feel. Kind of funny the more I think about it. People likely got into MX to get away from crappy rubber domes, one of the most popular MX switches is designed to feel like upscale rubber dome. :man_shrugging:

Cheers! :beer:

3 Likes

First time ever soldering was a success! :partying_face:

21 Likes

That is a nice BM. The cases for it are quality.

2 Likes

So jealous of your soldering station :smiley:

4 Likes

Man, I’m glad I went with it. Was such a smooth experience.

4 Likes

Just scored an Apple Desktop Bus Keyboard (M0330) with very clean Salmon Alps in it for $127 shipped! Not sure what I am gonna do with it yet, but the price was right taking what the market price for loose salmon Alps is, so I bit the bullet on it.

10 Likes

Finally working on all the cheap through hole kits I’ve collected over the last year. These tend to not get built because they require even more time.

Installing diodes is my new go to when I am able to turn video off on conference calls.

16 Likes

The desk drawer clean out continues. This morning I found a bunch of parts from cancelled projects and put them together.

Anything to put off lubing switches for my next real build…

Here is my new Snow day Keyboardbelle built with Penguin switches.

EDIT: I just noticed how much a plateless build highlights the shrinkage on PBT caps. Must be the cold…

18 Likes

MMMM! Stunning :muscle:

4 Likes

Gonna get this desoldered at some point today! Was tempted to keep it together, but the case isn’t in the best shape, it’s missing the 3 keycap, & most importantly looking at the back it seems like someone has replaced a switch for some reason. So I figure it’s best to just harvest given those things.

12 Likes

Those switches definitely look extra clean. I think you will be well rewarded for your effort.

Of course, then you have to build something new with them… hmm…

1 Like

Yeah that’s what made me grab this board. When I saw how clean the switches looked & that they are pine Salmons I was like “I need this” LOL!

3 Likes