Keyboard NFT?

I’ve been seeing a group on Twitter by the name “NFTY KEYS”

Their bio says " The first NFT keyboard brand! Farm tokens to buy cosmetics and physical products."

I wonder how that’s going to work. Is it going to try and make something even more exclusive than super limited GBs by owning their NFT?

Want to hear what you guys think?

3 Likes

Anyone involved with NFTs is either a grifter or a mark and the first NFT scam I’m aware of in keyboards was perpetrated by Angry Miao: (self link) The First Mechanical Keyboard NFT Scam Has Arrived – Nuclear Monster

21 Likes

It’s a no from me for any NFT-related initiative that can’t clearly articulate the problem they are trying to address in a way that convinces me of a genuine intent to make the world a better place, even if incrementally.

Otherwise, such initiatives wrapped up in impenetrable language will always reek of something made to benefit a few, rather than the many.

12 Likes

Such an excellent video, content aside it’s so well edited it’s well worth the watch.

Anyway I would personally stay away from NFTs like fire in general and certainly not in favor of them creeping into this hobby.

5 Likes

I hope NFTs stay out of the keyboard community. NFTs are just a digital grift.

14 Likes

dang. i never knew that about angry miao/cyberboard. good to know going forward - yeesh.

2 Likes

Ugh, money grubbers. The dingleberries of society.

3 Likes

The M in NFT is for Mechanical Keyboards.

9 Likes

Same! Glad to know I can keep my distance from them, somewhat unsurprised given their Elon Musk fanboyism is, at the most generous, adjacent to this.

1 Like

It’s well-named, I’ll give it that. Otherwise it’s a combination of something I love and something that I couldn’t want less to do with.

21 Likes

Add the Afternoon Labs people to the list of shitheads pushing NFTs. Ugh.

Oh? I didn’t see anything about that. Shame. I only knew of them from association with Mkultra and that they did split boards. Where’d you see it?

Posted to their discord, I should have taken a screenshot before departing.

I don’t understand this.

NFTs have potential to be, y’know, actually useful. The thing is, they’re being used for what is essentially advanced money laundering.

Forcing them down people’s throats certainly won’t make them more popular, and they will always be seen as “that annoying thing they are forcing us to pay for”.

1 Like

RAMA is apparently getting on the bullshit with a version of the Kara that’s branded after an NFT scam:
https://twitter.com/KaijuKingz/status/1564406293233909760

4 Likes

The RAMA drama just keeps coming lol

3 Likes

rama good PR challenge (impossible)

1 Like