Keyboard Storage Solutions

I’m exactly the opposite, I always try to ask for the case to not be included if possible. I don’t want to store it away in the case where I can’t see it, and with my limited space in my apartment I don’t want to waste a bunch of it on empty cases

2 Likes

I forget that not everyone has kids and a cat :laughing:

6 Likes

Oh, I can appreciate that. I rotate my boards on a weekly basis. Two keyboards in use at my desks/workstations, and then one keyboard on display on my shelf. The one on display is the one I have on deck that I’ll use the following week.

1 Like

I have cases for all my boards as well, but the Rama U80-A is my current storage nemesis. I even bought the large case from CannonKeys that should fit an 1800 board, but it was just a tad too small. It’s currently in a custom foam and nylon keyboard carrying case from a GB (ran out of the UK…the name of the runner eludes me). I would love to have a more hardshell-like solution.

2 Likes

I dont use most of my builds at home unless im pulling one out for my laptop at the kitchen table. Pets and Kids make everything a mess; even while youre cleaning they follow behind you causing havoc and shedding.

2 Likes

I never rotate my boards. I have my 4 on each of my computers, and the others I just display. I should use them, but it’s too much work to adapt to the different layouts.

2 Likes

Grabbed an 8 pack of these china stands to display KBs on my shelves, should have them on tues, will let you guys know how they work.

2 Likes

Any update?

1 Like

Sorry, I thought I had updated here also. They actually worked out real well. One of the will even hold vintage full sized boards no problem! Although for newer boards with a small front bezel I had to cut down the curls so they didn’t hold keys pressed down on them.

Other than that they work great IMO! I’ll post some pics of my boards on them in a little bit.

5 Likes

I think these were posted earlier but they work great

25 Likes

Oh wow that’s amazing!

Do you perchance have the link?

I don’t have a direct link, but if you’re in America you should be able to poke around on the Home
Depot web site and find it. I almost spent a small fortune on these a few years ago :sweat_smile:

1 Like

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-52-in-9-Drawer-Mobile-Workbench-in-Gloss-White-HOTC5209BJ1M/312063231

5 Likes

Put up some shelves last night to display my collection. The stands are 3D printed and came from a guy on Etsy. They’re very nicely done and they shipped super fast.

10 Likes

Questions to those who store their keyboards out in the open (i.e. on top of shelves), how do you keep the dust out?
Do you just wipe/hoover them regularly or is there something you guys do to keep them looking clean?

1 Like

Swifter duster every few weeks is what I do

1 Like

I’m considering installing a permanent air compression system in my house with a drop-down hose next to my keeb shelf…

10 Likes

I like it. Now do a solder reel next to it, drop down solder.

For what it’s worth, I store my keyboards in one of these: Products - IKEA

My office is really dusty, so I don’t keep them displayed.

1 Like

Gives me AMMONYC Larry Kosilla vibes with his garage lol—good stuff.

2 Likes