Keyboards spotting

Hello :blush:

I see that we don’t have a place to post vintage keyboards we spot in movie or TV show. So here it is.

A nice 60% with F row spotted in Eraser 1996 Eraser (1996) - IMDb

Not sure if i post in the good category, correct me if i’m wrong.

22 Likes

That’s really cool looking

1 Like

A dirty Apple M2980 keybaord spotted in The Faculty, The Faculty (1998) - IMDb

3 Likes

There are some Kinesis Advantages in Men in Black!

10 Likes

Unknow big board in Blow Away, Blown Away (1994) - IMDb
Any idea ? We can see an IBM Model F in background :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s just a prop KB, but I thought it looked pretty cool & would be appreciated here.

It was made by Datalux for the show SeaQuest DSV & never actually worked from what I can tell. Although it may have switches & been built as if it was to be a working KB. Since some of the props had to have pressable keys for scenes showing someone typing on them. here’s a link to the page I found this on that has more info on it. Also the site that hosts it (Prop bay) is a pretty cool site as well!

7 Likes

Good topic choice! I’m gonna keep my eyes peeled although I know I’ve missed quite a few opportunities as I’m watching “Halt and Catch Fire”

“Halt and Catch Fire”, is too easy, you can literally screen all the show and you’ll have vintage boards on each screen :smile:

BTW, it’s one of my favorite TV Show EVER :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I love that blocky, solid case. On closer inspection, it looks like it’s made out of cardboard haha

I just happen to watch Fight Club yesterday again, it’s been years since I watched it. Still one of the best movies of the 90’s and right at the start in the doctor scene there is an IBM battleship in the background.

12 Likes

ADDS keyboard in The Farthest: Voyager in Space

13 Likes

Find a SSK (look like but CRTL and ALT seems different) in The Abyss, The Abyss - Wikipedia

6 Likes

An interesting board in Alien, Alien (film) - Wikipedia
Probably a custom made for the movie :slight_smile:

8 Likes

We have an Apple II in Hackers

6 Likes

Interesting that the top row of the keyboard appears to be underneath a ledge or something, making it inaccessible. I also like how the colored lights are all wonky as if they were placed by hand (which they almost certainly were).

1 Like

Love that movie, so unrealistic but so cool :grinning:

Hack the planet !

1 Like

Didn’t notice that :slight_smile:

Yesterday i was watching “Another Life” and i saw only tactile keyboards… Brrrrr :cold_sweat:
Hope the future will not be like that, i hate tactile keyboard, i want a future like Alien, with fucking big buttons everywhere :smile:

A WASD Keybaord (not vintage at all) in TV Show Silicon Valley.

3 Likes

Watching Scream, Scream (1996 film) - Wikipedia and then a nice keyboard appears :slight_smile:

4 Likes