Keycap Set Ideas, strictly layman edition

This thread is for keycap ideas for people who lack the utilities to actually make it happen.

I’m sure there’s a little more to it than choosing colors, choosing method (double-shot, dye-sub, etc.) and then creating a render for an IC, for proposition of a manufacturer.

Really this is just a shameless plug for an idea I had: ‘Zalgo’ themed keycaps. If you don’t know, Zalgo is a type of font generated through putting text through a program, resulting in a rather warped, scattered looking output.

So yeah. If you have any ideas, and you want to get it out there, maybe post it in here. Thanks.

2 Likes

Blackletter.

I’d like to see a well done set based on Transformers G1 Constructicons.

GMK Devastation.
It would be bright chartreuse yellow with violet purple legends. The mods would be inverse. Could offer an all yellow/green kit with just purple accents.

Accents could be silver or black with red legends. Novelties for the different vehicles that make up devastator. Of course a decepticon logo would be cool but I’m not looking for the cost of licensed products.

The right colors are absolutely vital to the set, so you would have to do a few color samples to get it right. Im not sure you could color match to G1 toys. Maybe a good spot to start, but the original cartoon Construticons color need to be considered as well. I knew their colors before the toys came out.

I recently picked up a set of GMK night runner and I was really impressed with the pop of color from the safety yellow.

If you added just a touch of green to that color it would be perfect. The violet purple used in HFO (based on RDA from signature plastics) might work. Might need to be a bit darker. Maybe the purple from Purple Night

2 Likes