Keycult 1/60 Cerakote Battleship Gray - have an opportunity to pick one up but not sure

Now… I fully realize that Keycult boards are just way overpriced in the aftermarkets but still… they are quite tempting when one becomes available. An opportunity to pick up a second-hand Keycult 1/60 Cerakote Battleship Gray came up recently and to be honest, it’s tempting. Are there any value to these since they are in a true sense ‘defects’?

“No. 1/60 Aluminum Edition #6 - Cerakote Battleship Gray, Cerakote Robins Egg Blue Mid & Anodized Dark Blue Plate (Defects)”

As someone who owns one - I wouldn’t pay more than $1000 for one even if it’s A stock. Not sure what’s defective about this one or what the price is, but ultimately there are other options with similar build qualities that you can get without nearly as much aftermarket markup if you’re willing to do a bit of research.

But with that said, they have a really subdued look which can be somewhat rare among high end 60s these days. If this one really fits your taste and you have a budget for it, don’t let me dissuade you.

1 Like

I also agree with @Laughmaster, I own a No. 1 Rev. 1 and it really isnt’ anything amazing. I enjoy typing on my Janes more than the KC. However, if you find it aesthetically pleasing (I am a sucker for the butt) and have the budget for it, by all means, go for it!

2 Likes