Keyset colorway inspired Slack themes

Hey, so towards the end of the group buy for GMK Dracula, I finally got intrigued enough to look up why it was in fact called Dracula (the ERR modules were throwing me for a loop). Turns out there is an open-source theme for many applications called Dracula, and one of the available applications was for Slack. This is where it all began. I applied Dracula to my Slack, and came to the realization you could make your own custom themes with HEX codes. I immediately wanted to make other keyset flavored Slack themes for the sets that I have on my boards right now.

The first color way I adopted was Canvas, as it stood out to me as having a lot of colors to choose from, and I think I did a good job with it. I then tackled Laser, and at first thought it was loud af… but now it is actually the one I am currently using. The last set I went for was Godspeed, and I have to accept that I feel like it is my weakest creation, I don’t know if I didn’t get the colors right, or what, but I will include it here for you as well.

Below are the codes for applying these themes to Slack, you can actually just paste them into a message and then Slack generates a “switch sidebar theme” button right under the hex codes for easy trying out.

GMK Dracula (not mine, but including it for easy access)

#282A36,#44475A,#44475A,#8BE9FD,#6272A4,#FFFFFF,#50FA7B,#FF5555

XDACanvas

#DFD4C9,#B6B6B6,#5A537F,#E5DD81,#B0C0D5,#5A537F,#A8BD93,#CC747C

GMK Laser

#311E79,#34227B,#D31B4E,#28224F,#28224F,#189CBC,#ABD600,#EC5C00

MT3 Godspeed

#F3EDDE,#F2F5FA,#9CB2C8,#F2F5FA,#E1D89A,#000000,#B15C34,#BD3B32

Let me know what you guys think, and share some of your own!

2 Likes

Thanks, great little mod.

going with canvas for now as the dark terminal look is kinda played out for me.

1 Like

You can test custom themes at https://slackthemes.net/
So you can include a preview with your keyset inspired theme, without exposing your own Slack channels, if you wish to do so.

GMK Ursa inspired

#E4DDD4,#7FA37E,#776C60,#B2A99F,#59524A,#776C60,#7FA37E,#D66F6F

1 Like

awesome, thanks! I was sitting there debating how badly I wanted to show previews vs get fired, haha. You also showed me that this site supports nicer formatting. I will definitely be updating my post.

This is so cool!

I feel like it’s an eventuality that almost all text themes from different programs will eventually be a keycap set lol, but some are definitely better than others.

Notepad++ Hello Kitty theme when???

1 Like