Kickstarter: Shift Happens by Marcin Wichary

Just got my shipping notification for Shift Happens! My order says it’s queued on/around December 22. (I had selected the middle option of “I would like to have it by Christmas, but not urgent,” for what it’s worth.

4 Likes

Mine arrived a couple of days ago. When I started this thread, I noted that the project looked like a home run to me. No photos, as I don’t want to spoil the unboxing for any of you - but after holding these books and browsing the final result, I stand by my original assessment. The attention to detail, the production quality, the love that clearly went into this…it’s just fantastic.

Now I need to settle in for a long read. I’m a fast reader, but this is going to take some time.

6 Likes

I was drawn to this book for similar reasons: it was clearly a labor of great love by someone with a strong background for this sort of project and an almost clinical level of attention to detail. The unboxing guide made me chuckle because it was so perfectly par for this course. Why would I think for a second that there wouldn’t be a detailed unboxing guide? :rofl:

Thanks for the lack of photo spoilers and I’m very glad to hear that it does not disappoint!

3 Likes

In addition to the above (the books really are incredible!), the way this “GB” was run is exemplary for how a great GB experience can be put together.

4 Likes

Feeling like I should have gotten in on this!

Agree for both.

The books are super nice and interesting to read.

And had updates regularly from Marcin, with photos and anecdotes, really you see he even invested a lot on his updates.

3 Likes

I am in the middle of the first volume, and oh boy the content is so fascinating !

1 Like

It’s so heavy tho! I have an overstuffed pillow that I put on my lap to rest the book at a comfortable reading position.

4 Likes