Krytox 206g00

Tested lubing a linear and a tactile (HP) with 206g00 from NovelKeys. I only applied a very thin even layer on the sliders with smallest brush I have. Switches I used are:

• BSUN with Panda linear stem. Spring was stock BSUN (65g)
  • Trash Panda with Halo stem. Spring was 63.5g SPRiT.

206g00 visibly looked and felt thicker, more like pomade than 205g0’s thick cream look and feel.

Lube switches felt surprisingly good and not as sluggish as I expected. It definitely felt more buttery and sounds deeper than 205g0. It does feel slightly slower but still very much usable, at least in the tester. Full board of these in use may feel differently though.

1 Like

How sticky is it? I know it’s really thick, but do you think it’d have sticking issues? I might try it on my HHKB when i swap out the sliders later down the line, but I don’t want to completely wreck my poor board.

Pretty thick, thicker than 205g0, but the thin layer of lube I tried showed no sign of sticking. I wouldn’t risk a full board atm. Wait for more feedback and do more experiments.

UPDATE: No sticking even with Catweewee 55g bottom-out in Holy Panda.

Interesting. I’ll have to give it a shot.

One of these days, I’m going to buy all the NK and Switchmod lubes and put together a big impressions chart.

1 Like

How’s 206g00 compared to 205g0 for stabs?

Haven’t tried it yet.

In hindsight, I’m not sure what I tested is 206g00 as it should be because grade double zero should be a lot thinner than what I found. Pretty confused.

It should be thicker given as it’s 206. It being g00 vs. g0 is just a measure of consistency.