Least favorite board you are keeping and your justification why

A GH60 pcb with overlubed Mod-M switches on a brass plate with split backspace. I’ve had to desolder and resolder several switches repeatedly trying to pop the zeal stabilizers back in. When I first made it I thought it was amazing but now it kind of fills me with revulsion to type on and I can’t seem to find any keycap or case combo I actually like it on. It keeps migrating from case to case as I experiment with newer things, currently using a pok3r metal bottom. Also I think there is a screw floating around trapped in plate/pcb limbo from before I learned to be careful.
But it’s the first board I ever soldered and dangit I’m going to find a home for it sometime!

I must have really lucked out on my CA66, I put in zeal v2 78s, and with GMK caps it is a singular experience, like the echo hits just right. I haven’t had the pcb short out like other people but sometimes it does disconnect from cable movement so I am paranoid about static shock.

1 Like

Nice!

Do you have a V1 PCB? I had a V1 and my PCB died right after R2 ended but luckily I was able to snag a V2 PCB and it worked pretty well for me.

My Filco TKL with Cherry blues.
I wanted clicky switches to kind of remind me the IBM model M, but was very disapointed by the switches: it is noisy (that has to be expected) and the tactile and click events are misplaced, giving a weird typing experience.

Still keeping it as a backup, also it is the last keeb I own with an AZERTY layout.

My 4~ year old XD84 v1 with gateron silent browns. I just keep it around as a spare, just in case my main keyboard dies and i dont feel like using any of the others. I used to like silent switches but now i hate them. Browns are not that bad, but silent browns…uugh.

1 Like

Gift it to a family member! Someone that can use it but that you can say I might want this back in the future :joy:

Funny how tastes ebb and flow. This is where I am at too. I have found using a POM or plastic plate muffles the sound well enough that I can use a normal switch and be certain I won’t annoy a coworker.

I’m keeping my Alt, because I I have this notion floating about in my head of fabricating a 5-pin, south-facing PCB and cutting out the integrated plate.

Hit me a dm on discord Yellow#7760 also 16 of them were desoldered but it’s pretty cleanly desoldered

1 Like