Lets talk chairs - what do you sit in when you type?

Thanks! If the Embody doesn’t work out this is next on the list.

I use a Herman Miller Mirra. My office 2013-2015 had them and I fell in love with the adjustable arm rests and mesh seat. Seeing coworkers in Aerons reclining all the time led me to believe that the Aeron is better suited to those who like to lean back, while the Mirra IMO is geared toward upright seating. This is because the Aeron shifts it’s center of gravity when it reclines. The Mirra doesn’t do that. The Mirra’s arm rests are more adjustable, which I believe is a feature that serves upright sitters more then it does recliners.

The mesh seat is my favorite thing about both of those chairs. Yes, it’s cool, but more importantly, it’s like an amazing butt hammock that I believe will always be superior to a cushion atop a hard surface. IMO all cushions eventually loose their plushness, i.e. become harder over time. These mesh bottom chairs will never do that. For my sensitive tailbone, the difference is night vs. day after several hours.

The Mirra ain’t perfect. The nice adjustable lumbar support actually slips down when you arent leaning against it, so it requires frequent adjustment if tou want tonuse it. The Mirra also doesn’t have any head rest options - my biggest issue.

Y’all making me itch to upgrade :smiley:

From what I can gather from reading lots of user reviews and threads like this one, Herman Miller, Steelcase, and Humanscale are top notch and worth it, but you may have to try a few to get the one that works best for you. Yay for 30 day in home trials with no risk returns! I just wish I didn’t have to wait 10 weeks for my Embody to ship now…I guess I should be used to it being in this hobby. And hey, it wasn’t marked as out of stock!

1 Like

I use an Ikea Markus. The most annoying thing about it is the non-adjustable armrests, but the chair itself has been good (enough).

Hi, I’m currently using a Secret Lab Omega (d.va edition) chair, and although it definitely was an upgrade compared to my older cheap IKEA office chair, because it really is quite comfortable, I’m getting back pains pretty much everything time I sit on it for a longer period.

From what I’ve heard online, I would definitely alsow recommend the Herman Miller Embody to you (they even just released a newer version in collaboration with Logitech, that features a cooled steering material, which, I guess would kind of be helpful during these hot times).
You can even find some great used models for often half of the original pricepoint.

There even is a great comparison/buying guide video I saw a few months ago.
I might be able to find the link.
Edit: found the link:

I hope I could kind of help you out😀

1 Like

Herman Miller Cosm high back with leaf arm wrests. I tried everything I could get my hands on and it was the best fit for me. No more pain from sitting. Best suggestion is to try before you buy. Second best suggestion is to go to office liquidator stores for great deals.