List of Keyboard Retailers / Shops / Stores / Vendors?

Yeah, in some cases I simply mark suspicious shops as “closed” but have a hard time to figure out what were the best way to handle and evaluate reports. E.g. I had no problem with some vendors reported on r/mk or elsewhere.

1 Like

Caps Unlocked entered insolvency and ceased trading:
2,147 votes and 337 comments so far on Reddit

2 Likes

Holy $#@! and dammit. Feels bad.

Hello, you could add idobao store to the list? https://www.idobao.net
Based out of china
Offers GB,keyboard kit, switches, stabilizers, switch film and keycaps.

2 Likes

Howdy! I’m a big fan.

Thanks for sharing. Updated.

thanks very much

Dinokeys has unfortunately closed, might wanna remove from the list

1 Like

I’ve been skimming this list and haven’t seen this discussed: What is the standard for marking a vendor / store with a caution emote?

I ask this because there is an entry on the list that I would personally caution people against using based on my experience.

1 Like

Ugh, always hate to see that. Will do.

If someone reports legitimate negative feedback and there’s not much discourse to the contrary, then it usually gets flagged untrusted without much more due process.

Which ones?

Which seems reasonable - but a little open-ended.

It’s just one. I don’t want to name them in case anyone disagrees with this, but I’ll tell the story…

I bought a bunch of kits from this store. I put one of them together and stared testing it. I realized part way in that there were some keys that weren’t being recognized properly. I contacted the store and explained that the keyboard wasn’t being recognized properly by the OS and if there was anything that could be done to correct the issue.

They stated that they didn’t understand the issue. So, I got two pre-built keyboards (in the same layout) that definitely work correctly, and put together a table that shows them that the keyboard they sold me returns key codes that aren’t acceptable when compared to two functional keyboards.

And this is where things went from bad to (in my opinion) stupid. They started asking me to send them a video. A video of what? They didn’t specify. I told them I couldn’t make a video, they responded and said I didn’t need to make a video - just record one. WTF? Language barrier I guess.

At this point I kind of gave up (it had been several days of going back and forth with them). But, shortly after that I found out they are selling on another platform, and a review for this same kit documented a very similar issue – which they never responded to.

So, that’s the story. Basically, this store doesn’t have staff that can reasonably understand technical issues and support them, instead throwing non-useful demands for their customer.

2 Likes

The Kumamech.com site is parked and you cannot access any information from it. Including those of us who joined group buys through them.

I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

1 Like

That’s terrible dude. Thanks for the update.

The wayback machine took a snap of their site if someone needs it for investigative purposes.

I’m learning now that they have re-branded as Polartype, but didn’t inform any of their existing customers of this change. So if Polartype.com is on the list, I’d consider them shady at best as well.

3 Likes

They notified me on discord.

1 Like

novelkeys changed its domain from novelkeys.xyz to novelkeys.com

Also the discount code listed “hueyhueyhuey” doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

Good catch. Updated.

Sorry about the discount code not working. I went ahead and removed it.

all pretty trusted ones on here.

2 Likes

I usually cross reference that one plus these two. I’m saving 5% somewhere and somehow. Lol.

https://kbd.news/vendors
https://www.andyvnguyen.com/affiliates

3 Likes

Can you include vkeycaps.art? Thank you
Artisan keycaps. Ukraine, International shipping

1 Like