Looking for a less-than-common Colorway

Greetings, all.

I’m not sure if I have this in the right place, so do let me know. Anyhow - I’m working on a themed build for a friend, and he hit me with a request that I might need some help with.

I’m looking for a double-shot or dye-sub keyset in OEM, Cherry, or similar profile in the colorway of black and gold.

So far the only thing I’ve seen like that are the black keys from GMK Red Samurai, but something less rare would be awesome. I’ve seen plenty of orange-on-black and yellow-on-black, but that gold is pretty elusive. Worst come to worst I might do a gold back plate with a zinc accent key here and there - but I know he’s interested in gold legends. Anyhow - if this exists, I’d be grateful to be pointed in the right direction - and it if doesn’t… well maybe it’s time to cook up an interest check. Ha!

1 Like

Doing it in DSA? Somewhat possible. Doing it in Cherry? Nnnot quite there yet. There’s the OEM pad-printed options from places like WASD, but those obviously aren’t the same and they’re not as good as they could be. But if you think it’s a worthy pursuit, strike up an interest check! Perhaps do it with JTK as they’re not overblown in ICs the same way that GMK is these days.

But if you are willing to go the DSA route, you could do a black DSA set with DSA Alchemy accents, as those are pretty close to gold.

If it runs eventually, GMK Lux is what you are looking for.

1 Like

Yep - that’s what I’m looking for. I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for the group buy if it ever happens. Encouraging that it’s in Zambumon’s hands now…