
The Betty’s namesake, a magical librarian from a show I’ve never seen - Beatrice, from Re:Zero
After poking around my switch samples, I noticed some Haimu Sea Salt Tactiles I have felt remarkably similar to Bettys. From there I started digging and compared their force curves - (thanks @ThereminGoat !) - while they are quite similar, they don’t exactly match, but this encouraged further research. (If anything, the Sea Salt Tactiles are a little more punchy, with the similarly-weighted force peak ramping up sooner / more sharply in the key travel.)
I thought I might pick up a full set of Sea Salt Tactiles, only to find that they, too, are basically sold out everywhere aside from some over-priced examples on AliExpress, and a partial set available from a shop in Canada - so I can’t really recommend those. Shucks.
I then remembered that CannonKeys has a large selection of Haimu switches, including some exclusive ones, which also have their force curves published on the respective sales pages.
After exhaustively comparing them all, these Mist Blues look to be the closest match to my otherwise favorite tactile (the Haimu Betty):
While not 1:1, it’s very close, with key points like travel distance, peak force, and where that peak happens being very comparable.
I didn’t find quite as close a match for Sea Salt Tactiles, but this Pastel Thistle switch is likewise very close, just with a slightly shorter travel - and according to its graph, should be likewise more punchy than the Betty or Mist Blue with a nearly wall-like, front-loaded bump:
I’m grabbing sets of both >.>
(Neither of these are as heavy as the big bad Zeal Clickiez in tactile mode, but I’m actually looking to use these with my normal-strength fingers.)
Edit - while I’m thinking about comparing switches - I forgot to mention earlier that if anyone is interested in CIY Asuras or Jupiter Bananas but wants something that’s actually pretty clean from the box - try BSUN Pines.