Lube brush storage

I was wondering how you go about storing your lube brushes? As of now, after lubing, I have a sleeve fashioned out of cling film/wrap that encases the brush tip and is secured with a zip tie or velcro strip. I don’t want to clean the brush since if held in a reasonable airtight container the brush won’t dry out, certainly not by the next lubing party. Is there a pre-made cover that can clip on the end or a plastic tube to encase the entire brush? Any better solution than mine (I’m assuming all of them) would be very helpful.

1 Like

I just stick mine in the pencil holder sitting on my desk. I don’t think there’s a chance the Krytox I’m using will dry out. The stuff is fairly bullet proof.

1 Like

They get tossed in the bag with the lube for next time. Trybosis and krytox shouldn’t dry out. Fingers crossed

1 Like

I have like 400 dental applicators that I use to lube. I throw them away afterward and grab a new one :slight_smile:

these

I prefer them to a brush because they don’t hold a lot, so it’s easier to make sure I don’t grab too much lube at once

2 Likes

I didn’t know those existed. That’s pretty cool!

My brush would be made out of cat hair in a matter of hours if I did that, lol (could I market cat hair brushes…strokes beard inquisitively…wait, beard hair brushes???).

Teflon Silicone lubricant in a nail polish bottle - the metal bead inside will stir the teflon suspension before you use it.

I also put Loctite in nail polish bottles since it’s typically only used in small amounts.

I may try to put some Krytox and this together and see what sort of blend I can make that would still work with my typical click switch build.

I should probably add a few of these to the website since I have extras…

1 Like

Very cool.