Lumina: custom 60% keyboard made of kitchen countertop material

Got permission from the GB runner to post a link to their r/mechanicalkeyboards thread :slight_smile:

I just so happen to be in the market for a pricy unique 60% case, and this group buy opened a few days ago. I think I’m gonna have to do it :open_mouth:

Direct link to the group buy website: https://www.luminakb.com

What color combination do you find most appealing? I’m contemplating a white top and blue bottom for … reasons :smile:

2 Likes

I am seriously looking at this even though it is quite pricey just for the new material and good looking design.

I’ve considered so many options from the black top and bottom with brass base and plate but then I thought I can get good black keyboards elsewhere and already have one on the way. White keyboards are way harder to find so considered white top and white bottom or the panda white top and black bottom with brass or aluminium plate and matching bottom.

Really don’t know however price is also an issue at these points and shipping considering I’m in Australia. This might sound stupid but the PCB seems like a let down considering so many kits have PCBs with hot swap sockets, however I can just get my own PCB if I want.

Just things that keep adding to the price. Also not 100% on the product considering the review units that went out did not have appropriate plate to top alignment. Seems rushed.

@montydrei what are you considering?

I ended up going with a two-tone configuration: white top and elderberry bottom, with the brass plate in between. I am still a sucker for shiny lights, so I got the frosted acrylic base too

1 Like

just found this by accident… :smiley:

Theres a cool lube station ic made of the same material rn. Ran by american haptics

$50 US

:flushed:

1 Like

This group buy is a classic disaster. The designer and runner of the group buy spent all the money on materials and was unable to actually complete the group buy. The materials were then mostly lost (supposedly). Only a couple prototypes were released.

Now there is a recovery effort being run - if you pay MORE money then you POTENTIALLY get a keyboard made from knock-off Chinese countertop material (Not name brand Corian).

The Coriander is a much more recent example of a Corian keyboard, and it should be shipping in a few months.

2 Likes

and the recovery has also not delivered for two years now? lol

it’s a classic disaster. was looking for something different and stumbled over this OG post :smiley: