Made a minor mod to my HHKB

What do you guys think? I got the idea from a few users on Reddit.

5 Likes

HacHiroKu keyBoard :open_mouth:

1 Like

Pretty dope! Easy mod to personalise a classic board. Recently had some BKE Redux domes put in one of our HHKB’s. If you can get your hands on some of those domes, and willing to take-apart the board (it’s pretty easy, and fun!), it makes a huge difference - worth trying out!

2 Likes

Looks great, really nice little mod :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea I been looking into them just trying to figure out if I want to go heavy or light. What would be your suggestion?

1 Like

I tend to personally like lighter actuation more than heavier - entirely up to the user though! But I definitely find typing faster on the lighter switches :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s really cool dude ,love it

1 Like

Do you still get that thock sound compared to MX switches are the lighter ones a bit more louder? When I watch youtube videos I find it rather hard to discern the sound as my speakers on my phone suck anyway.

Definitely a more pronounced sound for sure, perhaps a little louder - definitely thocky!

Eurobeat intensifies

1 Like

:grin:

1 Like

Is this your board?

yes, lubed, bke, silenced and jp keycaps from a realforce

1 Like

:heart_eyes: those are some sweet Key Caps need those in my life! How did you get them?

:joy:

they came with another HHKB that I bought on mechmarket.

the seller harvested them from a Realforce 91u JIS iirc.

ughhhh… I had no luck on mechmarket

Where do you get those sticker from :flushed:

1 Like

If you do decide to go the Bke (redux or OG) route, I would suggest lubing your HHKB. Makes them feel really nice and a bit more balanced.

1 Like

eBay

I bought mine from this seller on eBay. Quick response and fast delivery. Mine is on a White HHKB

1 Like