Here’s the keyboard, pretty cheap for an RGB mechanical keyboard:
The switches it came with weren’t very good though at all and it sounded pretty cheap. Here’s how it sounded originally:
I clipped, lubed, and silenced the stabs. I also replaced the switches it came with. The new switches are Greetech SMD RGB housing with Aliaz stems. Lubed with Tribosys 3204. The stabs are also lubed with 3204 and Krytox 207 on the wires of the stab to avoid rattle.
Here’s what I did to the case in addition to the better switches and stabs:
Here is how it sounds after all of the changes:
I just wanted to share to show how even a cheap keyboard can be improved greatly in an evening’s worth of keyboard modding.
EDIT: I forgot to mention the stabs I actually replaced with GMK stabs, and those are what I clipped / lubed / silenced. The stock stabs were too rattly to be saved, no amount of lube could fix them.
Edit: here’s a quicker way to hear the difference, before and after edited into one video: