Meka Bag from Omnitype - possible issue

So, this may or may not be a thing, but I’m putting it here for anyone else who may have one.

I have a few Meka bags from Omnitype. Actually, the one I’m going to talk about here has the old Dixiemech zippers on it.

I went to get my Bauer out today. I keep it in the Dixiemech bag when not in use. I opened the case up to find a significant amount of black foam particles deposited on top of the keycaps. It seems like it’s residue from the thin layer of foam in the top of the bag that has somehow degraded in storage. I guess I should have had it wrapped up in a cloth inside the case, but I didn’t.

I was able to blow the particles off and no harm was done. But it was enough to make me worry about my other bags from them. I checked and the others seem fine. Also, I put the protective cloth around it this time.

Just an FYI in case it could help others avoid getting crap on their nice keyboards :slight_smile:

I didn’t get any photos because I freaked out a bit when I saw it and immediately started cleaning.

5 Likes

Foam degredation is definitely a worry when comparing cheaper cases to more expensive ones. I hope he or his manufacturer have already switched foams as that sounds annoying

2 Likes

Mmm, bag-dandruff

1 Like

Here it is after two days of sitting. You can see the fine foam dust particles that have fallen onto the cloth that surrounds the Bauer. Definitely not a good sign. I’m going to have to see if they can get me a new bag. I keep checking the other bags, but it seems limited to just this one.

3 Likes

I contacted Omnitype customer service and they sent me new inserts. Got them in the mail today. Quick service!

Good on them :+1:t2:

4 Likes