[MOD-HELP] Question about a little problem on oversanding the drilled holes on HHKB

Hi.

Recently I purchased the KBDFans mx sliders. Stayed without drilling it for a while, but when I received my BKE domes I decided to complete the mod.

For the actuall drilling, everything went ok. To remove the extra plastic I decided to sand the holes to better fit the mod keys. After I finished sanding and put the board together I felt the worst scratchy feeling possible on the left shift and enter keys.

Just then I realized what have I done. I didn’t pay much attention when sanding and ended up sanding the sides of the housing, where the sliders… slide.

I don’t have any pictures right now, but was wondering, considering that my problem is actually the badly sanded plastic, how can I solve this problem. Maybe putting resin on the bad sanding? Or just lubbing would solve it? Maybe sand it more to make room for the resin? I can put pictures later.

Thank you guys in advance. :blush:

It’s hard to know exactly what you mean without the pictures, but maybe go through finer and finer grits of sandpaper until the surface is really smooth, and then maybe lube where it makes contact.

1 Like

This is probably going to be your best option. Filling with something is going to be super tough. Strips of real smooth tape (like packing tape) cut to size, placed perfectly in there and lubed might be a good temporary fix.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll try that, and will post some pictures ASAP.