Mode SixtyFive Preorder

I love all of those! I looked at the first combo for sure - grey top, black bottom, black mirror back. I’m actually thinking though that I might go for the multi back instead of black mirror…not sure though…I will wake up tomorrow and feel completely different of course!

1 Like

I really like the look of PC top, white bottom, black mirror back, CF plate. This is a nice configurator.

3 Likes

Keyboard looks amazing and I love the customization options but I’ve become pretty wedded to the 60% format, any chance you guys are thinking about doing a mode 60 next?

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! We don’t have anything to officially announce just yet in terms of future form factors (focusing all the efforts on nailing this release at the moment) :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey @jtsay first of all great job on this keyboard. I am a 65% sucker and I love the way this one turned out, not only aesthetically but also the all unlimited pre-order option and the overall customisation. Finally something truly different in the scene on multiple levels. I have a question about the copper finishes. I tried to find proper pictures online, but quite unsuccessfully, to try to understand if the copper looks like copper in colour or if is it more like an orange as it would appear by some videos and rendering I saw. Do you have maybe a picture in a normal lighting setting?

Thanks a lot and keep up the great job, if you will manage to break the status quo of the timed group buy you’ll win a huge slice of the market in my humble opinion.

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words about the SixtyFive!

Here is a photo I just took of the copper and brass bottoms. The copper used in the SixtyFive case is a 99.9% pure grade (C11000), so it should have a true copper color. A clear coat is also applied by default to prevent oxidation. In dim lighting, the copper will look a little less saturated and take on more of an “earthy” shade. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Hey @jtsay thsnks a lot for the clarification. Yes it helps. When I think copper I think at either electric cables or cookware so I have in mind a colour that it’s probably more leaning towards a bronze red colour while in the online photos most times it looks like orange. So hearing that it looks indeed more earthy is somehow reassuring.

No problem! Metallic surfaces can be difficult to depict and describe accurately, especially when you factor in different lighting conditions and white balance settings on cameras.

Hi @jtsay, I purchased a version of the Mode65, and I am building it now.

I was really surprised to find out that Mode is based in Somerville, MA.
I tried to find out where Mode Designs is based previously but couldn’t find this anywhere, maybe this was a business decision to remain anonymous location wise.

I just wanted to Mode Designs know that as a MA native, this made me appreciate the company and my purchase even more. Maybe it would be helpful to other potential customers to know the location of the company? Or maybe the location is listed somewhere I couldn’t find :slight_smile:

I will be building the Mode65 as configured:
Back Plate: Lilac Aluminum
Front Plate: Black Aluminum
Back Piece: Black Mirror
Plate: FR4 Full Plate
Switches: Alpacas lubed with Krytox 205g0, filmed with Deskeys Films
Stabs: Durock V2
Keycaps: GMK Dracula

Really looking forward to building a supreme clacky build :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for supporting Mode! Looking forward to hearing what you think once it’s all put together!

We are currently based out of both the Bay Area, CA and Somerville, MA — the headquarters and warehouse are located in Somerville though!

That’s really awesome to hear! We’ll be sure to include our location in an “About Us” section on the site!