MT2 er DCX Keycap Profile

are-you-serious-spiderman

9 Likes

Not sure if this has been spoken about, given the immediate consideration of how MT3 sets will be sold by Drop, but if Drop is putting their weight on their DCX profile, will this mean that they will no longer sell GMK sets (whether it be now, or in time)?

Suppose I’m asking, in a roundabout way, ‘Will GMK WoB no longer be sold by Drop, if their profile is a success?’ I’m sure that if this is the case, another vendor will fill in. The other GMK sets, I’m not sure (given MiTo exclusively works with Drop. Not sure about Pach and their WoB Katakana), but reckon it’s worth giving a thought to.

1 Like

10 Likes

It’s like a gunslinger shooting themselves in the foot, and then when they react to the pain, they shoot themselves in the foot again.

Or a ball flying into a baseball player and hitting them in the groin, only to hit the ground and bounce back and hit them in the groin again…

Like who is their PR…?

7 Likes

Ya.

I think matt3o was a good sport by specifically asking people not to boycott Dorp over him leaving - and for what it’s worth, that isn’t why I cancelled my orders.

That part where they resist talking about it at every turn - yeah, it’s that. It’s always been that for me, for literal years now - that’s the only actual complaint I’ve had about Drop.

Changing the name at this stage a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶u̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶* i̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶u̶l̶t̶a̶n̶e̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶a̶c̶k̶n̶o̶w̶l̶e̶d̶g̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶i̶v̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶g̶n̶o̶r̶i̶n̶g̶
̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶i̶v̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶
̶f̶e̶e̶d̶b̶a̶c̶k̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶r̶g̶u̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶o̶r̶t̶a̶n̶t̶.̶ :man_shrugging:

IDK… I really do hope they learn something from this sooner or later but I know better than to hold my breath. :stuck_out_tongue: Good luck to ya, Dorp.

*Edit: actually, glad to be wrong about that: they posted this yesterday. :+1:

1 Like

Bwaahahahaaa. It just keeps on coming.

My question is… how the heck did you embed that Instagram iframe?

1 Like

To be honest I just copied and pasted the link and Discourse did the rest lol

1 Like

Man Discourse is just great, typing experience and UI are top notch.

Anyway I don’t think GMK will stop selling Drop sets because they’ll sell Cherry clone sets, GMK is a manufacturer after all, they’re not selling sets by themselves so why would they care?

It will probably be influenced by how much the DCX and GMK sets will sell.

1 Like

Sounds like Matt3o accepted their apology, so everything’s back to normal.

5 Likes

When I’m no longer interested in current stuff in the market I’m still entertained and get satisfaction from reading keyboard related drama. This episode did not dissapoint and it’s cosy how it ended lol.

3 Likes

This feels like a sitcom ending lol

10 Likes

From the brief exchange I had with them my impression is that they just want to leave everything behind, learn from it and move on doing cool stuff.

Well - at this point I think that’s all anyone could ask for, and much better they do that than not. I’m really glad they’ve smoothed things over with matt3o - might have been best to talk beforehand, but hey - late beats never every time.

For me as a customer, this was more of a rather fat straw that broke the camel’s back than an isolated issue - very glad to see that straw no longer applying weight, but I’m with one of the commenter’s on matt3o’s blog; the damage is done when it comes to my trust as a customer. It was never about the name for me, but the lack of communication it represented, and the further lack of communication (and active avoidance) from there.

This development does help and I do find it encouraging for the Dorp / community relationship moving forward - though it’s definitely too little too late to keep my business as-is.

I’ll be keeping an eye on them, and if I see improvement in communication and transparency like I’m hoping for at any point down the line, they can count on me to at least consider it as a reason to re-engage as a customer. There’s no cut-off date or grudge preventing Drop from earning back my trust - but this in isolation, while genuinely encouraging, definitely isn’t enough for that on its own.

I’ll have to see them walk the walk, ya know?

For me, I see this is a great first step in that direction, and I hope to only see that continue.

…I also hope to see all-brown MT3 Retro one of these days because that getting canned was the specific straw that had me cancelling that particular pre-order, and I’d still rather see that happen than not. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

should we get this thread renamed now? lol

1 Like

Done.

7 Likes

lol

2 Likes

Eh, honestly at this point I think Drop really doesn’t care unless there is significant backlash. I think they proven that at this point. So I’m sticking to how I’ve dealt with them for years now, if I can get something I really want elsewhere I’ll go elsewhere. If something is a Drop exclusive or the GB is being run through Drop I’ll most likely pass, unless it something I’ve been following or just have to have.

2 Likes

I actually hadn’t seen this post yesterday:

This is also encouraging and I’m really glad to see it. I think a little on-the-level was all that was ever needed here. It’s a little light-and-late for my preference but hey, it’s a lot more than I expected and I give them points for that.

• Making nice with matt3o
  • Changing the name
  • Talking about it

That’s three really good steps in the right direction. Keep it up!

I still don’t trust Dorp as far as I can throw its entire inventory - but they’re at least paying lip-service to doing the right thing here, and that is something. Time will tell if this is setting a new and better tone for Drop, or if it’s simply a calculated bandage on top of an oopsie - but if I see more stuff like this consistently, who knows, they might get some more of my dosh some day after all.

5 Likes

DCX pronouns dicks

3 Likes

At least the name change seems to clear up the confusion. When I heard the name it had pique me interest until I actually saw the set and got completely confused LOL.

Did it really take community backlash to come up with the name that characterizes the actual product? LOL

3 Likes

In related news, Matt3o posted about the new profile he’s working today. Slightly lower than MT3 with some other changes.

5 Likes