MyKeyClub MKC75 - Custom keyboard with a budget price tag: Build, sound tests, and review

On August 31st, MyKeyClub will open pre-orders for the MKC75; a 75% custom keyboard with multiple colors, weights, plates, PCB, mounting styles, knobs, badges, and layouts that will start @ $99 and go up to $169 for the wireless version. In this video, I build it using several mounting styles, with accompanying sound test, and do a quick review of this keyboard that truly breaks the custom keyboard = pricey formula.

Review:

2 Likes

Would there were non-flex-cut plates that aren’t plastic, but it looks like both cut and non-cut PCBs are available, which is good. The silicone socks at the ends of the two-ended leaf springs look properly done (not covering the whole length of the arm). I can’t tell if the silicone pegs for plate mounting are like Geon tadpoles or the pins that have been used in some other boards - perhaps it’s the Moment I’m thinking of, or some recent QK boards. Having top mounting points around the sides seems excessive, but… all in all more interesting than I expected to see, especially for the price! I mean, the price is ridiculously good. I’d like to try one. The orange and green also look nice.

1 Like

Truly a lot of options for the price, there are a couple of colors I’d like to get as additions :slight_smile:

The Bad Mark! Good to see ya. I was just telling my friend I hoped you’d look at one.
…and just realized you are the OP :laughing:

Okay, then.

1 Like