New HHKB Models!

Would be cool if the new case would give a slight more room to add a Hausu controller. I would likely get one.

Though I haven’t tested this, I suspect that situating a bluetooth transmitter inside of a thick metal housing is a bad idea. If a highly portable and untethered keyboard is what one is going for, staying with the lightweight stock plastic housing probably makes more sense anyway, however.

@norbauer

Guys I think it will work, someone installed the fc660c BT module inside a heavy 6 case and said it works well : Why no Leopold 660C bluetooth yet? why Leopold?

P.S: and if the plate in the hhkb case will not be metal then should be okay further I guess ?

But as Ryan says, it wouldn’t be really on scope and more of a bonus really…

Interesting. I’ve heard that aluminum housings can sometimes interfere with bluetooth.

Looks like the overall footprint of the Hasu controller is the same as the Topre breakout, but it uses the two USB Type A connector holes in the original HHKB for LEDs and a slider switch, both of which protrude out into the Type A through-holes. I have been planning on blocking those two holes on my housing for acoustic reasons.

Has been a “while” since the launch of these, quite some people already have them out there. Does anybody knows any mods that are done on the pro 1 and 2 that can’t be done on the new models? Like, does Hasu work? domes, sliders (I think so, but would like to confirm)? Etc.

I am also interested to know how good is the battery life and also how easy to swap between devices.

1 Like

The only thing that I have heard that is different about these (and this is literally all that I know in terms of modding for the new ones) is that the stabs are generally better, and take to lube better as well. So in terms of sound they have the potential to be better