New mx switches from Logitech?

I THINK these are regular mx switches?? They’ve named them GX switches. Need info here. Surely they bought these from a known manu, but who knows. You can buy just the switches though.

1 Like

They’re Kailh rebrands. Nothing special.

3 Likes

Figured. Thanks for the info

Having a hotswap keeb from a big peripheral maker? That’s a big deal, though.

2 Likes

I was about to say, that’s the most interesting part of the whole thing

1 Like

It’s a big deal, I agree. I’d like to see the inside to see how they assured the hotswap sockets are secured. It’s easy for them to mess up and I bet Logitech did a lot of testing to find a way to keep them working for as long as possible

But WHAT THE HECK were they thinking with that non-standard bottom row?? DAMNIT

I’m pretty sure that’s a 5.75u space bar…

Looks like 1.5, 1.25, 1.25, 5.75, 1.25, 1.25, 1.25, 1.5

1 Like

a layout so stupid, even Tai-Hao doesn’t support it

They had to have done that with purpose. There is no way you decide on that layout as a keyboard maker without understanding the consequences. That stinks.

However, on the plus side, switch manufacturers should see a big upswing in sales if more mainstream boards go this route.

2 Likes

But WHAT THE HECK were they thinking with that non-standard bottom row?? DAMNIT

Logitech…

2 Likes

I wouldnt be surprised if they have their own keycaps coming soon for it.

To be fair, since it’s an OEM I wouldn’t be holding my breath for them to make more keycaps (at least in different themes than the stock)

1 Like

Can’t wait for MAX and Aliexpress to step up and get some serviceable caps for the poor sods who buy this thing.

Just shine through black, and shine through white, in ‘thick’ pbt with pom double shots; would be my guess

2 Likes