New POM Durock switches

jcknck

What’s the verdict Captain? :nerd_face:

3 Likes

:rofl: My bad forgot all about that! I’ll throw some in HS board & put up a sound test comparing the two in a bit here.

2 Likes

So I did a quick & dirty sound test in an old KBparadise V60 case I had with both switches stock. IMO the lavenders are much deeper sounding.

2 Likes

Oh wow! Very distinct sounds, both when compared and on their own. Huge thanks for comparing them with Lavenders. Those being all Nylon and the other all POM. I’m going to have to pick up both now. :partying_face:

1 Like

Hard for me to tell for sure. I can definitely hear a lot more spring ping (or leaf ping) in the POM switches. Any verdict on feel? How smooth? How’s the wobble?

2 Likes

The Durock POMs do have terrible springs in them so that is exactly what you’re hearing with the pingy metallic sounds (well beyond the plate sounds since I did the test in old V60 case). Smoothness wise the Lavenders are ever so slightly smoother to me. Both have very little housing wobble & the POMs have a slight bit more stem wobble. Overall though they are both very nice switches IMO. I’d say the Lavenders are a more complete product cause their springs seems useable, while I’d definitely recommend spring swapping the POMs. Also irl I think the Lavenders have a deeper sound signature.

3 Likes