New SILENT build from Keychron K2v1

Since your board is hotswap, it should be fine to go with the OUTEMU Silent White for now.

It’s good to get a board together, test the components, see what works. You can always change things down the line.

So it’s best to go for a complete solution within budget, for now, as you have planned. You can opportunistically add quieter switches at a later time.

Was thinking exactly that, since it’s my first build: in case it can be improved with just a switch swap.

PS: I have already saved the Bobagum in my wishlist on Aliexpress anyway :upside_down_face:

1 Like

How much are they charging for Bobagum on AliExpress? I’ve been meaning to pick up some.

Looks like you can use a Keychron K8 as the basis for a silent keyboard:

68,14 € with free shipping for 90 switches, both standard and RGB ones (as they refer to the transparent top housing version), 52/62/68 g spring, available from 10 to 200 pieces pack.

here’s the Store I have in my wishlist, if you like:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_ugBXbc

1 Like

Already bought IK75 :upside_down_face:
but thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi all!
Sorry for the waiting but it took some time to have all the pieces together but finally… here we are!
Quite similar to the K2, apart from the knob, due to the same pudding keycap set, but hey, definitely more silent than before and not so bad to type on it.

Build specs:

• KIT: Feker IK75 V3 3-Mode Transparent Black;
  • Switches: Outemu Silent White, lubed and filmed
  • Keycap: quite cheap pudding set from Aliexpress, apart the space bar which is from another retro set I have;

Other Mods:

• stabilizers cleaned and re-lubed, Band Aid under them with some pads from a kit on Ali with an attempt of Holee Mod + center from poron switch pads cut and reused to have a more firmly insert on the plate;
  • poron pads on PCB, under switches;
  • some other little sponges under the stabilizers bars as an attempt to improve dampening;
  • O-ring under keycaps.

All the rest stocks as it came, so stock metal plate, no other filling under the PCB, no tape-mod (at least for now).

The only thing I’m afraid of is regarding the plate: since a PC one was included, and given that on many builds on Reddit I saw users preferring this one, could it be that I made the wrong choice?
But on my part I guessed that the stock metal one would give a better overall resistance, since the PC one would be prone to more flex, am I wrong?

Anyway, thanks all for the advices! :smiley:

Let’s see in the future If I’ll move to other changes on it, who knows XD