New workbench

Some of you may have noticed I’ve not been posting as much in the last month. Or not, who knows :sweat_smile: :laughing: :man_shrugging:

Anyway, here’s why. For the last few years I’ve been doing all my soldering and building on this dinky little table with all of my tools stashed in an unorganized mess. This is what it looked like on a good day.

Needless to say, a proper workbench is has been a long time coming. Here’s the final result.

Soldering station:

Bought an old Lenovo ThinkCenter with not bad specs. Intel i7, 8gb ram, 250gb SSD :ok_hand:

Anyway, I’m pretty pumped to get some no nonsense, real manly man work done now. But more importantly, I can now resume inundating you all with my project posts :grin: :wink:

15 Likes

I’d love to have this !!!
Such a nice place, congrats :wink:

2 Likes

Nice to see another ham! I like the holder for the mic. Do you have any issue keying up with the pc right next to the radio? I remember my dad shutting down his imac transmitting with his radio next to it, but I think he was doing HF with like a 500W amp :joy:

2 Likes

I only just got it. So far I haven’t quite figure it out. It’s a new hobby for me so we’ll see how it goes!

1 Like

If you need any help or just want to talk about anything related let me know, I don’t talk a much but I’ve used some digital stuff, I did my own WSPR transmitter last year.

1 Like

D’oh! You posted this while I was at work yesterday and I was excited to go home so I could clean and upload a picture of my workbench. I finished the cleaning, part, but I’ll have to take and upload a picture after work today :slight_smile: 'oh! You posted this while I was at work yesterday and I was excited to go home so I could clean and upload a picture of my workbench. I finished the cleaning, part, but I’ll have to take and upload a picture after work today :

3 Likes

Love this.

2 Likes

Also, is that a CB?! :heart_eyes: why are you so cool.

2 Likes

It is retro not futuristic :stuck_out_tongue: