Norbaforce PVD back-plates

Even though a bit delayed due to my asking the factory to rework some I wasn’t happy with, these are coming along. They’re supposed to be ready to ship to me on the 30th. Please allow another couple of weeks or so for me to get them out, but we’re nearly there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ughhhh, these are PERFECT. Semi-related question for you: I have a standard 87u in a Mark 1 Norbaforce with the tactical black anodizing. I really want the Veracity Mark 2 since my 87u is the Anniversary Edition that I picked up in Korea, etc., etc.

Am I correct in assuming that this rear plate would work on the Mark 2 and that the standard backplate from the Mark 2 could probably be resold (likely to a Mark 1 owner) to help offset the cost of the Veracity? I do realize the frivolity in all of that to purchase such a luxury item, but such is the world of semi-impulsive and sentimental purchasing.

This rear plate with a stainless chassis would be mind blowing, without question.

You are absolutely correct. :slight_smile: They are cross-compatible. And the powder-coated rear cover plates that come on the Mark II aren’t being offered separately, so I’m sure a Mark I owner would be interested, especially since these PVD plates were necessarily fairly expensive.

1 Like

Love it. This plate with a Veracity enclosure is likely very close to endgame for the Topre fan out there. Thanks so much for putting so much of yourself into these products.

1 Like

And thank you for saying that. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Quick update: the plates have arrived and are just getting inspected and packed up today. :slight_smile: Shipping labels should be issued from this afternoon through early next week.

5 Likes

My brushed gold showed up today, looks fantastic! It’s got some heft to it. I think this board might be finally done now :slight_smile:

Are they still getting shipped out?

All of the ones that were ready to go out have now shipped. However, I didn’t like some of them after doing my final in-person inspection, and I have requested replacements from the factory. I just finished up sorting all that out and sending notifications to folks whose orders were affected. So everyone should have either gotten a shipment notification or an email from me on that subject; if not, please do let me know. :slight_smile:

Kudos to the nicest, softest, most insane packing materials ever. Even my wife was surprised at how blinged out the end product came out. Such a shame for it to be on the underside, lol. Transparent Norbaforce, anyone?

1 Like

Any chance you could show us some pics? :innocent:

Just installed mine this morning, and while the added weight isn’t so much, the sound profile changed significantly for me. I’ll try to do a before/after sound test later and share it here. The only thing I regret is not going for the brushed pvd one. @norbauer will there be extras for the brushed pvd one?

1 Like

Final form will be achieved for my NF87U.

3 Likes

Mounted!

1 Like

Any chance of these being sold again in the future? I would love one of these

I’d forgotten these existed, but I’m interested too after scratching one of my back-plates for a Mark II clumsily trying to attach sorbothane.

I don’t plan on it, but I do have a few slightly imperfect ones left over that were still too nice for me to comfortable throwing away. You can email and we’d be happy to sell you one at a discount if you’re interested—assuming we can find them. :blush:

1 Like

Email just sent! I want one if you can locate it. Take my money pls! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks so much for offering to sell these! I love the weight they added to my R1 Norbaforce :blush:

1 Like

Yay! I’m so glad that a) we were able to unearth them and b) you liked yours. :slight_smile:

1 Like