Novelkeys Purple Trash Pandas

So these just showed up.

I mean, I DID ask Mike for purple Pandas, but this wasn’t exactly what I expected. I might order some and see if they can act as a worthwhile Holy Pandas replacement, as they seem to have a rather interesting force curve.

2 Likes

No one has ever tried to recreate the Halo stem, right? So do these have a longer stem that bottoms out as well, or are they just a tactile stem? Hmmm…

1 Like

hmmm hopefully someone in the community can enlighten us on the feel. I don’t know how to interpret the force curve graph

2 Likes

Very interesting force curve for sure! I’m definitely interested in a batch also, hope they don’t sell out by fri. TBH honest though the purple slider is a bad color choice IMO. With all that has went down with Zeal & counterfeiters that is a color I’d just stay away from for sliders if it were me. Although who knows how well mgsickler & Zeal know each other, from the looks of it I’d guess he has Zeals blessing for this?

1 Like

AFAIK no, nobody has ever tried to recreate Halo stems. I would imagine these purple stems do not hit the bottom housing as the molds for the sliders were probably designed based off the molds for the housings like most other switches. If it wasn’t for Kaihl’s different stem spec on their switches we may have never heard the sweet, sweet clack of Holy Pandas!

1 Like

To be fair, BOX Royals have a purple stem too.

1 Like

I ordered some. Hopefully they turn out good. I’ll keep y’all updated when mine arrive.

5 Likes

Looking at the force curve these aren’t meant to replace Holy Pandas. They have a very different tactility if we go by comparing force curves alone.

3 Likes

I wonder if we can get a Cheap Tactile Showdown out of @Manofinterests, if not a full reboot of Which Switch, mayhaps.

I think it’s fine, purple stem has quietly come to mean “tactile switch that’s better than brown”, we have the box royals, outemu ice, Kailh pro purple etc.

3 Likes

3 Likes

one of the loudest tactile switches that i own

I’ve got about 200 of them for some reason if anyone wants them lol I’d be happy to part with them very cheap

1 Like

@dwarflemur, made an account so I could reply. Would be interested. I was heading through the Novelkeys site with some in my cart but bulked at the shipping that was more than my order! Love that site but it’s the worst for UK shipping prices.

I have some of these on order as well. It looks like they will have a short and sharp tactile onset, will have to see when I get them in. They could potentially feel similar to a click bar switch without the click.

2 Likes

oof, I hope these have a somewhat rounder feel than the thick clicks. I like the tactility but i hate the sharpness to them. Hopefully someone gets their hands on them and shares their findings soon.

1 Like

Gosh dangit, Novelkeys - slow down with all these rad-looking switches!

2 Likes

Yeah I wasn’t thinking about the numerous other switches that use the same color, you guys are right.

I love me some clickbar switches, so this would definitely be of interest to me. I might order some this weekend to test them out.

Everytime I think Im done with ordering switches they reel me back in with another interesting one!