Noxary XRF 2022 Interest Check

Figure I’d post it here for others, but Xondat just put up an IC for a potential future group commission for another run of the XRF for possibly next year. For those who don’t know, it’s a great enclosure for R1 Realforce boards (87u, 86u, 91u etc).

I’ve got mine from the group commission earlier this year coming hopefully very soon but I’m already thinking about getting another :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Looks nice but I doubt I would give that guy money again after I’ve been waiting 2.5 years for my 280 for no clear reason and no reasonable eta in sight….

1 Like

Yeah, I’m a bit torn, too. On the one hand, I had to wait over 1.5 years to get my 286 and that was finally telling Anthony to just send it to me uncoated. I was tired of waiting on him to find a cerakote person. My 280 came after a hella-long wait on anodization. Still waiting on my 220 numpad. I also picked up an extra from the 268 PC sales.

On the other hand, all of the boards are very nice. I like them a lot. Just have to know going in to it that you could be waiting years. You have to be especially patient to join a Noxary group buy :slight_smile:

1 Like

could you all describe the xrf build quality and experience as well? i’ve only got norbauer products so far and to me the basic Lightning silver finish kind of reminds me of Norbauer’s Aerospace aluminum finish.

and on average what is the GB price for an XRF? does it have proprietary daughterboards for USB-C and its own plate, or BYO PCB and Plate like I do in Norbaforces?