Percent Volt

As a Mac user I use the Option and Command keys way more often than Control. That makes HHKB-style bottom modifiers more appealing for me in general. Winkeyless is a frustrating experience on a Mac.

1 Like

I think the term ergonomic is dependent on what OS you’re using and what tasks you’re doing. IMO TKLs are great for gaming and general productivity, but not when you need to work on numbers and spreadsheets. 60% is great for corresponding and coding, etc. I’m sure 40% is great for something, I just haven’t gotten there yet.

I use the Windows key all the time! I don’t understand you people.

4 Likes

I guess I could remap, but I still use control quite a lot on Mac OS — like control+tab to switch between tabs, or when I play the one of three games that exist for macs.

40% is the keyboard equivalent of buying a car with 2 seats… there’s more space for the piles of money you’ve got lying around

2 Likes

True

TK version was also offered in the gb in case you guys are curious.

Some pics in daylight.

4 Likes

Damn, what a cool board.

And in artificial lighting (monitor above frame).

5 Likes

The milkshake deskmat and the volt both look amazing. This keyboard rules so much.

Man that case is sexy AF

Yeah it’s definitely a nice looking keeb. The electrophoretic finish is smooth af and I love the yellow contrast on white. Typing on it feels extremely rigid with no flex at all on the integrated plate (thick alu), and it actually sounds pretty good (no hollowness).

I did have issues with mine where a toggle switch on the PCB looks like it was damaged during shipping, along with my coiled USB C cable not working with it for some reason… Hopefully this issue is just isolated to myself.

Some negative feedback on the design:

• The bottom of the PCB touches some screws on the interior of the case if you tighten the top 2 mounting screws too much. You need to apply insulating tape on the screws to prevent this, or just don’t tighten the top of the case…

• You’ll need at least 3 different sized allen keys to assemble the board. Not the end of the world for most people but it would be nice to see them included.

• It’s a fixed layout board. ANSI WKL with stepped capslock, so if you’re looking for ISO support you’re SOL unfortunately.

• Lack of documentation for assembly. Again not a major issue, it’s a hotswap board so not much to go wrong but a few of the case pieces took some figuring out.

• A brass Percent logo badge is included to mount on the plate but to do so you’ll need to stick it on with double sided tape. Which of course they don’t include.

• Still waiting on batteries to ship for all the international orders. Percent has said they are working on getting these shipped out.

All things considered, it’s a visually attractive board with some teething issues. Wait for a V2 or V3.

3 Likes

Going to be busy this weekend

2 Likes

Couldn’t resist…

Didn’t have any issues with the installation. But one of my keys isn’t working. Not sure if it is supposed to though, as it is not a key on commonly found layouts. Top row, where F14 would be. Would appreciate if someone could verify it for me.

Couldn’t download the firmware/software from their website, it would be great if there was some sort of an user guide on how to manipulate the RGBs.

Otherwise, the build is awesome.

Update… My bad, the key is working. It’s the Fn key to change the RGB efffects. Too tired from all the lubing. Construction is really top notch. Pity there is not much documentation or software to change the RGBs. I still can’t figure out how to completely turn it all off.

Mine didn’t come with an USB C cable unlike ninjapirate, no biggie, I have too many spare cables lying around anyways.

24 hours in, I saw what ninjapirate had experienced. I was getting a warning on my PC that the USB port is overloaded and the keyboard stopped working. Took out the electrical tape, patched up potential shortage points and the problem is gone.

3 Likes

Nice man, glad you didn’t have to go thru the pain I did!

Btw, I didn’t get a USB-C cable with mine. Like you I had one of many lying around :joy:

1 Like

What is the name of that keycaps?