Pittsburgh mini meetup pics

Had a little meetup in Pittsburgh today at one of the Carnegie Library branches, was a big success & super fun. Been so long since I’ve gotten to a meetup, had a blast today! Figured I’d share some photos with you guys!

13 Likes

Wow, some really interesting stuff all around. Didn’t expect to see one of the few Serendipities yet in existence! Also nice to see a Cypher in the wild.

2 Likes

Yeah the Serendipity was a F&F unit the one guy Pat had. It’s super nice & might be the board that gets me on the 40/50% train! The Cypher was really nice too. Lots of interesting boards & builds there today, the local scene here seems to be growing now. I’m glad I can start being more a part of it finally too. My last job had me a little too tied up to ever make solid plans & I kept missing the meetups, with my new job not only do I have more free time but I also don’t have to work as much side jobs to make ends meet. So I’m hoping to be more active now!

2 Likes

That kaze board looks great with the retro lights caps. Lots of cool stuff! Thanks for the photos.

2 Likes

Love that someone brought a typewriter

:keyboard: :heart_eyes:

And that steel logo!

3 Likes

Yeah it was really cool to check out, the engineering that went into those things is mind blowing! It definitely stole the show for a bit too. Typing on it was a trip, you literally have to hammer the keys for it press the ink ribbon hard enough. Crazy there were people that could do 120 WPM or better on them!

1 Like

Great pics; thanks for sharing! Boy that Fossil looks great. I wish I had gotten in on that one!

1 Like

The amtelco KB163 is a monster!

1 Like

Dede is planning to do repeated in-stock drops of Serendipity with different colors iirc. I think you’ll get a chance next year. I agree, it’s really pretty.

TMOv3 should be coming up from Funderburker, too. Still early, but he’s laid out a 4-row numpad to go with it…

3 Likes